Fwd: Comfrey leaves

J.M. Garg

Dec 11, 2009, 6:37:38 AM12/11/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding pl.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tejal V. <tejal...@gmail.com>
Date: 2009/12/11
Subject: Comfrey leaves

Namaste!

Urgently require information (local name and availability in india /mumbai) about Comfrey leaves http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfrey  Wanted for health treatment.
Do reply soon if you are aware of this herb.

Thanks & Regards
Tejal

--
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Nurturing Grounds

" By looking inward, we will change outward,
                  world, a place to move forward.
  Let us just be, the change we want to see,
                  the human that we ought to be. "

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

nabha meghani

Dec 11, 2009, 6:55:32 AM12/11/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
I know this herb and know that it grows even wild in Germany about pune or mumbai i don't know much. Sorry.
The german name is binewell, which suggests that it is good for bones. I know only the external application and have eaten beinwell bread ( don't know the recipe), but as fas as i know eating the herb can be toxic.

Regards
Nalini

Dinesh Valke

Dec 11, 2009, 8:59:01 AM12/11/09
to J.M. Garg, Tejal V., indiantreepix
Tejal ji, there are no names found on internet for the common comfrey -- Symphytum officinale (syn. S. uliginosum)
Wondering whether there is any synonym more popular than the current accepted name.

(this plant seems to grow in temperate climate ... native to Europe, Soviet Middle Asia, and temperate western Asia ... in India, perhaps cultivated for its medicinal quality)

Referred to Indian Medicinal Plants by C P Khare -- found this name called sankuutan used in folk medicine (Maharashtra), perhaps spelt as सांकूतन.
Not knowing of availability in Mumbai or rest of Maharashtra.

Will add more names here, if any success.

Regards.

Swagat

Dec 11, 2009, 9:54:30 AM12/11/09
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, Tejal V., indiantreepix
Dear Dinesh,

'Symphytum officinale' is called 'Sankootun' संकूतुन' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

Swagat

Dec 11, 2009, 10:05:45 AM12/11/09
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, Tejal V., indiantreepix

Tejal ji,

Please contact following Homeo Pharmacy...

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

NAGESH HOMEO PHARMACY

209 Shanta Ind. Estate,
I. B. Patel Marg, Goregaon (E),
MUMBAI - 400 063
(Maharashtra) India

022-2685 2037
022-2685 2707

Sales Office :

phone :

 022- 5698 9817

fax :

022-2685 2707

e-Mail :

sa...@nhpindia.com

Website-

www.nhpindia.com

PANBIN CORPORATION

B-1,Krishna Kutir,
178-Factory Lane,
Borivali (West)
MUMBAI - 400092
(Maharashtra) India

022-2899-2562

nabha meghani

Dec 11, 2009, 4:48:54 PM12/11/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
english knitbone
german Beinwell

I think, i have seen one book with some more info on Beinwell. if i find that book in the library, will get back here.
Regards
nalini