Senna Siamea or Kassod?

Abhay Tiwari

May 3, 2009, 12:01:11 AM5/3/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

I think this tree is Kassod or Senna Siamea. Correct me if I am wrong.

Location: Aare Millk Colony, Mumbai
Date: 2nd May 2009

with regards

Abhay Tiwari
DSC00582.JPG
DSC00586.JPG
DSC00589c.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 3, 2009, 4:52:46 AM5/3/09
to Abhay Tiwari, indiantreepix
I think you are write, Abhay ji.

More details from Indiantreepix Database:

Senna siamea (syn. Cassia siamea, S. sumatrana) Fabaceae Siamese/thai/yellow Cassia, Ironwood tree, Bombay blackwood, Thailand shower 6/10/07 in Kolkata; delhi on 14.4.08; Trees of Delhi- flowers in two distinct peaks, the major one after the rains lasting into Dec., a shorter one in May. As per link- the flowering period is long, and flowers may often be found at various seasons. Untitled Senna siamea- Kassod (Siamese/thai/yellow cassia, Ironwood tree, Bombay blackwood, Thailand shower) - indiantreepix | Google Groups Flowering trees in delhi--kassod(Senna siammea - indiantreepix | Google Groups Plant I.D : 080605 - indiantreepix | Google Groups Crooked, and then some - indiantreepix | Google Groups

2009/5/3 Abhay Tiwari <abha...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg