efloraofindia:''For Id 01092011MR2’’ Resurfacing again for id plant with pink to red flowers Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 4, 2011, 4:54:58 AM9/4/11
to efloraofindia
Resurfacing for id
No prior identification

Is this plant Talinum paniculatum

Common Name: Jewels of Opar.

Family Portulacaceae

Request for identification

Date/Time-Sep 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  plant

Height/Length- 1-2 feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- green

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- flowers pink to red

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-i do not know if the red balls are fruits

Regards

Bhagyashri

010920111587.jpg
010920111588.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Sep 4, 2011, 6:55:21 AM9/4/11
to efloraofindia
Madhuri ji, you need not be a botanist to fill up the format beyond
headings. There are no type/attachment/size/surface of leaves or
colour and size of flowers, yet I would say this is Talinum of
Portulacaceae. Interesting thing about this plant is that the flowers
open only at 2 pm and wither by 4 pm. You can call these as 'siesta
flowers'. Regards, Shrikant
>  010920111587.jpg
> 349KViewDownload
>
>  010920111588.jpg
> 606KViewDownload

Madhuri Raut

Sep 4, 2011, 7:43:28 AM9/4/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Thank you Shrikantji I liked the name siesta flowers .
Regards
Bhagyashri

Bhagyashri

Feb 16, 2012, 11:20:28 AM2/16/12
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
I had resurfaced this post as a separate thread by mistake. Kindly see the following link to the original post

--
Regards
Bhagyashri

Bhagyashri

Jan 30, 2013, 10:56:34 PM1/30/13
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Shrikant ji has Id'd this plant as
This should be Talinum portulacifolium (Forssk.) Asch. ex Schweinf. of Talinaceae family.
Many many thanks Shrikant ji for the Id and your help.
Regards
Bhagyashri

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Madhuri Raut <iti...@gmail.com> wrote:

--