tree-shrub 041109GS1 from Delhi for ID

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 4, 2009, 10:18:55 AM11/4/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Uploading 041109GS1 from Delhi for ID
Growing in Delhi University Nirsery, still about 6 feet tall. Bignoniaceae member with simple serrate-dentate leaves I am unable to place.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45
dubia-tree-3.jpg
dubia-tree-1.jpg
dubia-tree-2.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Nov 4, 2009, 10:38:53 AM11/4/09
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
... most likely Chestnutleaf Trumpetbush ... Tecoma castanifolia ... native to western South America (Equador, Peru)
Regards.

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 4, 2009, 10:49:15 AM11/4/09
to Dinesh Valke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dinesh ji
Thanks a lot. You really seem to be an expert on cultivated plants.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45

Vijayadas D

Nov 4, 2009, 1:03:02 PM11/4/09
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I think it is Tecoma stans.  Because , T.castanifolia , leaves and  flower arrangement  are different

Electro Saudi Services Ltd
Salwa Garden Village
Riyadh-11462,PBNO-7210
KSA
vijayadas.wetpaint.com

Ferns are funniest plants..............!!!!!

Dinesh Valke

Nov 4, 2009, 1:12:13 PM11/4/09
to Vijayadas D, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
... if this plant has compound leaves, then it must be T. stans, else T. castanifolia OR yet else, friends please comment.

satyendra tiwari

Nov 5, 2009, 3:34:53 AM11/5/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
A plant growing in my garden looks very similar to one posted by Sh. Gurucharan Singh ji from Delhi.
I am posting few photos of that for confirmation of ID.
Regards.
Satyendra

Wildlife Photographer, Naturalist, Tour Leader
H.NO 139, P.O.Tala, Distt Umariya.
M.P. India 484-661
To know more about Bandhavgarh visit following links.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/satyendraphotography
http://tigerdiaries.blogspot.com
www.kaysat.com
SKAY'S CAMP is awarded QUALITY rating by Tour Operator For Tigers (TOFT). http://www.toftigers.org/accommodation/Default.aspx?id=15
Review Skay's Camp on TripAdvisor
00-91-7627-265309 or 09425331209
Is It same as from Delhi _DSC6561.jpg
Is it same as from Delhi _DSC6564.jpg
Is it same as from Delhi_DSC6563.jpg
Is it same as from Delhi_DSC6566.jpg

Vijayadas D

Nov 5, 2009, 3:41:43 AM11/5/09
to satyendra tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

This plant is Tecoma stans

VijayadasD
Horticulturalist / Estates Supervisor Deputy

Muthu Karthick

Nov 5, 2009, 4:00:46 AM11/5/09
to Vijayadas D, satyendra tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the plant is Tecoma stans
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

Nudrat

Nov 5, 2009, 6:01:10 AM11/5/09
to indiantreepix
Hello,

I too think the plant is Tecoma stans

On Nov 5, 2:00 pm, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, the plant is *Tecoma stans*
>

> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Vijayadas D <vijayad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear all,
>
> > This plant is Tecoma stans
>
> > On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 11:34 AM, satyendra tiwari <kaysat...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Dear All,
> >> A plant growing in my garden looks very similar to one posted by Sh.
> >> Gurucharan Singh ji from Delhi.
> >> I am posting few photos of that for confirmation of ID.
> >> Regards.
> >> Satyendra

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 6, 2009, 6:04:42 AM11/6/09
to Muthu Karthick, Vijayadas D, satyendra tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kartik ji and Styendra ji

Please don't mix up the two plants. My plant has simple leaves and it has been rightly identified as Tecoma castanifolia. Satyendra ji plant is Tecoma stans and has pinnate leaves and larger flowers. Tecoma stans is a very common garden shrub-tree.

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 6, 2009, 6:47:25 AM11/6/09
to Dinesh Valke, Vijayadas D, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dinesh ji
Don't be wavered, your identificationTecoma castanifoliais perfectly correct. I think some friends did not read my ooriginal line:

'Bignoniaceae member with simple serrate-dentate leaves I am unable to place'.

clear=all>
--
VijayadasD
Horticulturalist / Estates Supervisor Deputy

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 6, 2009, 8:16:06 AM11/6/09
to satyendra tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
Satyendra ji
Nothing to worry. Do continue your comments, but different photographs in different thread. We have all learnt from our mistakes. No one is a layman or expert, we are all plant lovers and photography is  our hobby.