Plant for ID SMP2 - 23/2/2011

Satish Phadke

Feb 23, 2011, 10:47:31 AM2/23/11
to indiantreepix
Another plant....a herb with opposite leaves
Also seen at Kudremukh
Size of the flowers few cm approx 1-2cm
For ID
I am considering the possibility of Rauwolfia serpentina ....but that classic red colour at the base of flowers is missing.
Dr Phadke
DSCN4372s.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 12, 2011, 10:15:25 AM6/12/11
to efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Satish Phadke

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

DSCN4372s.jpg

Giby Kuriakose

Jun 13, 2011, 1:32:54 AM6/13/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Satish Phadke
This is Ophiorrhiza sp of Rubiaceae family. Species, I have to check.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD