Plant for ID SMP2 - 23/2/2011

Satish Phadke

Feb 23, 2011, 10:47:31 AM2/23/11
to indiantreepix
Another plant....a herb with opposite leaves
Also seen at Kudremukh
Size of the flowers few cm approx 1-2cm
For ID
I am considering the possibility of Rauwolfia serpentina ....but that classic red colour at the base of flowers is missing.
Dr Phadke
DSCN4372s.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 12, 2011, 10:15:25 AM6/12/11
to efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Satish Phadke

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

DSCN4372s.jpg

Giby Kuriakose

Jun 13, 2011, 1:32:54 AM6/13/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Satish Phadke
This is Ophiorrhiza sp of Rubiaceae family. Species, I have to check.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

J.M. Garg

Sep 9, 2011, 8:33:06 AM9/9/11
to efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorunni...@frlht.org, navend...@gmail.com, samad...@gmail.com, ragh...@yahoo.com, Satish Phadke

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“This is Ophiorrhiza sp of Rubiaceae family. Species, I have to check.
Regards,
Giby”

Aug 11, 2022, 8:40:35 AM8/11/22
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke
This appears close to images at Ophiorrhiza brunonis Wight & Arn.

Aug 11, 2022, 8:45:50 AM8/11/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Satish Phadke
But correct id is Ophiorrhiza roxburghiana as per POWO

With regards,
J.M.Garg