Acacia nilotica sub sp adstringens

Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan

Jan 28, 2014, 1:21:54 AM1/28/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Acacia nilotica sub sp adstringens (Schum.&Thonn.)Roberty,
Fam: Mimosaceae
Tree out skirts of Bangalore and Mysore
flowering and fruiting
altitude 850m
ac nil 002.jpg
ac nil 009.jpg

Tapas Chakrabarty

Jan 28, 2014, 6:33:30 AM1/28/14
to Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan, efloraofindia
The subspecies are not clearly distinguishable.

J.M. Garg

Feb 4, 2014, 9:30:57 AM2/4/14
to efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan

Some earlier relevant feedback:

The subspecies are not clearly distinguishable.- from Tapas ji.

Hi, Santhan ji,
I doubt it is planted in India. Pl. see Vachellia &

Is there any literature stating it to be cultivated In india ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (around 2250 members & 1,80,700 messages on 31/1/14) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80, 000 images).
ac nil 002.jpg
ac nil 009.jpg

Tapas Chakrabarty

Feb 4, 2014, 9:46:48 AM2/4/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan
I have revised the genus Acacia for India long ago.  I am not at all satisfied with the subspecific demarcations of A. nilotica.

J.M. Garg

Mar 10, 2021, 11:08:20 AM3/10/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Santhan P

Mar 10, 2021, 11:24:55 AM3/10/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
It is Acacia nilotica sub sp krausiana.

J.M. Garg

Mar 14, 2021, 4:23:06 AM3/14/21
to Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
More closer to Acacia nilotica subsp.subalta as per
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 16, 2021, 10:09:06 PM3/16/21
to J.M. Garg, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan, efloraofindia
Thank you Mr. Garg !
Saroj Kasaju
--
Thank you.