Protea cynaroides Another Beauty from California-GS28042022-3

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 28, 2022, 4:36:08 AM4/28/22
to efloraofindia
Though I have already submitted my Best Flora Photograph to celebrate 15 years of completion of efloraofindia, here is another beauty: Protea cynaroides (L.) L. , aptly called King Protea or Giant Protea. The king protea is the national flower[of South Africa. It also is the flagship of the Protea Atlas Project, run by the South African National Botanical Institute. Photographed from San Francisco Botanical Garden on 2-6-2019.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Protea cynaroides-SFO BG-DSC_0938.jpg

Aarti S. Khale