Jacquemontia violacea

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Nov 10, 2010, 12:40:00 AM11/10/10
to indiantreepix
From my place in Gwalior. It is the  second year of the  creeper.
ak

--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road
Gwalior. 474 005.
Tele: 0751-247 2233. Mobile 0 94253 09780.
My blogsite is at:
http://anandkbhatt.blogspot.com
(A NEW BLOG HAS BEEN ADDED ON 3 SEPT 2010.)
And the photo site:
www.flickr.com/photos/akbhatt/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ten most  common surnames of Indians: Singh, Kumar, Sharma, Patel, Shah, Lal, Gupta, Bhat, Rao, Reddy. Cheers!
Jacqemontia violacea_1-1.jpg
Jacqemontia violacea_1-2.jpg
Jacqemontia violacea_1-3.jpg

promila chaturvedi

Nov 10, 2010, 7:21:41 AM11/10/10
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
Yes anand Ji,
It is Jacquementia.
Promila

promila chaturvedi

Nov 10, 2010, 7:24:36 AM11/10/10
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
I am very sorry Anand Ji,
There was power cut here and without paying much attention I type first letter of your name a instead of A.
Promila

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 10, 2010, 8:45:24 AM11/10/10
to promila chaturvedi, Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
Jacquemontia violacea Choisy Mém. Soc. Phys. Genève viii. I. 61 (1838).
Thanks a lot for sharing.
Pankaj

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 5:54 PM, promila chaturvedi

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

tanay bose

Nov 10, 2010, 9:07:48 AM11/10/10
to Pankaj Kumar, promila chaturvedi, Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
Thanks for sharing pictures of Jacquemontia violacea
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 10, 2010, 9:49:48 AM11/10/10
to tanay bose, promila chaturvedi, Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
Welcome.
Pankaj

Gerris2

Nov 13, 2010, 6:06:35 AM11/13/10
to efloraofindia
What a beautiful blue flower, another one to put on my "must grow"
list!

Joseph
>  Jacqemontia violacea_1-1.jpg
> 68KViewDownload
>
>  Jacqemontia violacea_1-2.jpg
> 69KViewDownload
>
>  Jacqemontia violacea_1-3.jpg
> 61KViewDownload

Ron_Convolvulaceae

Nov 19, 2010, 1:46:40 AM11/19/10
to efloraofindia
I believe that the updated epithet is
Jacquemontia pentanthos
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2538/

regards,

Ron

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 5, 2010, 9:24:37 AM12/5/10
to Ron_Convolvulaceae, efloraofindia
I am sorry for the misidentification. This does look like J. penthanthos.
Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 5, 2010, 9:25:07 AM12/5/10
to efloraofindia
Jacquemontia pentanthos, sorry for the spelling.
Pankaj