090610vks3

vinay

Jun 9, 2010, 1:20:33 PM6/9/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all
I am sending this plant for id. i found very frequently near my residens but it is unknown to me.
With regards
Vinay
Delhi_vks (800x533) (373).jpg
Delhi_vks (800x533) (375).jpg
Delhi_vks (800x533) (377).jpg
Delhi_vks (800x533) (379).jpg

Muthu Karthick

Jun 9, 2010, 1:22:33 PM6/9/10
to vinay, indiantreepix
A Malvaceae member.

Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
Chennai - 61
www.careearthtrust.org

Neil Soares

Jun 9, 2010, 1:25:40 PM6/9/10
to indiantreepix, vinay
Hi,
 This is Verbascum chinens.
              With regards,
                Neil Soares.

Dinesh Valke

Jun 9, 2010, 1:25:51 PM6/9/10
to Muthu Karthick, vinay, indiantreepix
... could be Verbascum chinense (syn. Celsia coromandeliana) ... commonly known as: Chinese mullein • Bengali: kukshima • Gujarati: kalhar • Hindi: गादर तंबाकू gadar tambaku, कोखिमा kokhima, कुलाहल kulahal • Kannada: ಕಾದು ಹೊಗೆಸೊಪ್ಪು kadu hogesoppu • Marathi: कुटकी kutki • Sanskrit: भूतकेशि bhutakeshi, कुलाहल kulahal • Tamil: ஆற்றுமேலழகி arru-mel-alaki

Regards.

vinay

Jun 9, 2010, 1:25:59 PM6/9/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all
I am sending this plant from a garden mali was calling it as pilia. but i couldn't find.
With Regards
Vinay
Delhi_vks (800x533) (381).jpg
Delhi_vks (800x533) (387).jpg
Delhi_vks (800x533) (385).jpg
Delhi_vks (800x533) (389).jpg

Dinesh Valke

Jun 9, 2010, 1:27:45 PM6/9/10
to vinay, indiantreepix
... would this be Portulaca quadrifida ?
Regards.

Muthu Karthick

Jun 9, 2010, 1:37:53 PM6/9/10
to vinay, indiantreepix

Looks like Portulaca quadrifida L. of Portulacaceae. Is this edible in your location? And what is time of photography of flowers?

tanay bose

Jun 9, 2010, 2:36:44 PM6/9/10
to Dinesh Valke, Muthu Karthick, vinay, indiantreepix
Verbascum chinense is the call from side too !!
Tanay
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

tanay bose

Jun 9, 2010, 2:39:26 PM6/9/10
to Muthu Karthick, vinay, indiantreepix
Portulaca quadrifida a common weed in Bengal too !!
Tanay

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 9, 2010, 10:08:53 PM6/9/10
to tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, vinay, indiantreepix
Yes Portulaca quadrifida

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 9, 2010, 10:11:34 PM6/9/10
to tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, Muthu Karthick, vinay, indiantreepix
Yes it is Verbascum chinense