233 ID wild plant Sida

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 24, 2021, 12:47:19 PM12/24/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 22.12.2021, 10.40am

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: small shrub, erect, branches, semi hard stem 05mm base diameter, annual

Height: 02 feet

Leaves: alternate, heart shaped, serrated margins, size:5×3cm or less

Flower: axillary, 05 petals, diameter:14mm, yellow, non fragrant

Fruit: grooved cone shaped, green into brown, diameter:05mm

Seed: black 5 nos., rigid triangular, size:2×2mm

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

233 Identify wild plant
20211222_104604.jpg
20211222_103857.jpg
20211222_104444.jpg
20211222_104536.jpg
20211222_103928.jpg
20211222_104054.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 24, 2021, 12:50:28 PM12/24/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211222_104849.jpg
20211222_104325.jpg
20211224_154318.jpg
20211222_104249.jpg
20211222_104926.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 24, 2021, 12:51:37 PM12/24/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20211222_105002.jpg

Smita Raskar

Dec 25, 2021, 9:18:46 AM12/25/21
to indiantreepix
 Check Sida rhombifolia subspecies rhombifolia

J.M. Garg

Dec 30, 2021, 2:10:43 AM12/30/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, smilingsmit
I think it is close to the images at Sida alnifolia L. and as per the shape of the mericarps as per A Synopsis of the genus Sida L. (Malvaceae) from Maharashtra, India– Gajanan M. TAMBDE, Ramchandra D. GORE and Milind M. SARDESAI- Taiwania 61(3): 243‒252, 2016 and as per Malvaceae of Southern Peninsular India: A Taxonomic Monograph V. V. Sivarajan, ‎A. K. Pradeep – 1996.
However, here I only see 5 mericarps in a fruit, while A Synopsis of the genus Sida L. (Malvaceae) from Maharashtra, India mentions 7 to 10. Flora of China says mericarps 6 to 8.

Hi, Sam ji,
Can you check the no. of mericarps in a fruit again?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 30, 2021, 4:03:45 AM12/30/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, smilingsmit
Ok, I will check and let you know dear Garg ji, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 30, 2021, 8:42:47 AM12/30/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, smilingsmit
Dear Garg ji, Smita ji,
Yes, it is Sida alnifolia, seeds are 05 to 07 numbers, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.