SK 2860 07 January 2021

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 7, 2021, 2:08:41 AM1/7/21

Date: November 2020

Jan 7, 2021, 2:11:30 AM1/7/21

Jan 7, 2021, 2:11:42 AM1/7/21

Jan 7, 2021, 2:12:05 AM1/7/21

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 7, 2021, 2:41:35 AM1/7/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, 向春雷
Dear Members,

Location: Bhaktapur
Date: November 2020
Altitude: 2100m.
Habitat : Wild
Isodon lophanthoides (Buch.-Ham. ex D.Don) H.Hara ??
Never seen such a tiny plant in a flowering stage.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0238.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 7, 2021, 2:42:06 AM1/7/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, 向春雷

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0248.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 7, 2021, 2:43:17 AM1/7/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, 向春雷

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0240.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 7, 2021, 2:43:20 AM1/7/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, 向春雷

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0241.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 7, 2021, 2:44:02 AM1/7/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, 向春雷
DSC_0242.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 7, 2021, 2:44:24 AM1/7/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, 向春雷

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0243.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 7, 2021, 2:44:51 AM1/7/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, 向春雷
DSC_0245.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 7, 2021, 2:45:16 AM1/7/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, 向春雷

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0246.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 7, 2021, 2:46:55 AM1/7/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, 向春雷
DSC_0247.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 7, 2021, 4:14:40 AM1/7/21
to 向春雷, efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you Dr Chunlei. Is there any difference between
Isodon lophanthoides (Buch.-Ham. ex D.Don) H.Hara and Isodon lophanthoides var. lophanthoides ?
Saroj Kasaju

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 2:07 PM 向春雷 <xiangc...@mail.kib.ac.cn> wrote:

Yes, it is Isodon lophanthoides var. lophanthoides

Best,

Chunlei

Jan 11, 2021, 10:58:59 AM1/11/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Hi, Saroj ji,
Both mean the same thing.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 11, 2021, 11:12:38 AM1/11/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Thank you Mr. Garg.
What does Infraspesies mean.
Saroj Kasaju
--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 11, 2021, 9:02:25 PM1/11/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Both infraspecies are different.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 12, 2021, 2:14:30 AM1/12/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
In the above link you mean to say infraspecies  Isodon lophanthoides var. graciliflorus (Benth.) H.Hara is different
and infraspecies Isodon lophanthoides var. lophanthoides  and   sp. Isodon lophanthoides (Buch.-Ham. ex D.Don) H.Hara
are same ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 12, 2021, 2:31:54 AM1/12/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Yes, Saroj ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 12, 2021, 2:41:18 AM1/12/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Please don't mind. I am still a bit confused. Why is infraspecies Isodon lophanthoides var. lophanthoides
is same to the main sp. and infraspecies Isodon lophanthoides var. graciliflorus (Benth.) H.Hara is different?
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 12, 2021, 2:48:43 AM1/12/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Please ignore this mail.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 12, 2021, 3:49:52 AM1/12/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Before Isodon lophanthoides var. graciliflorus (Benth.) H.Hara was published, there was only Isodon iophanthoides and there was no need of writing Isodon iophanthoides as Isodon lophanthoides var. lophanthoides

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 12, 2021, 3:57:27 AM1/12/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
OK Mr. Garg ! I was confused according to the post from Dr. Chunlei.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 12, 2021, 11:55:28 PM1/12/21
to efloraofindia
Saroj ji, there is a simple rule of nomenclature. A species may not have any infraspecific taxon (subspecies, variety, forma) but once a variant is recognised as infraspecific taxon, it automatically creates two, the variant taxon and type taxon which will get the same epithet as specific epithet. We call it autonym.

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 13, 2021, 12:34:52 AM1/13/21
to efloraindia

Thank you Gurucharan Sir !