123 ID wild plant Lamiaceae

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 22, 2021, 1:40:22 PM8/22/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, very rare here, with kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 04.08.2021, 08.30am

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: small shrub, erect, branches, slender weak angular stem, hairy, annual

Height: 01 feet

Leaves: opposite, heart shaped, apex, toothed margin, hairy, size:3.5×2cm or less

Flower: diameter:03mm, white, fallen after 24 hours, an yellow spot appears after 20 hours, non fragrant

Fruit: cone shaped, green into brown, size:7×3mm

Seed: brown, 2 nos., nice

Camera: Samsung Galaxy A21s
123 Identify wild plant
20210804_082912.jpg
20210804_083219.jpg
20210804_145809.jpg
20210727_123206.jpg
20210726_084124.jpg
20210726_084431.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 22, 2021, 2:30:13 PM8/22/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images

On Sun, 22 Aug 2021, 11:13 pm Sam Kuzhalanattu, <samkuzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sharing more images
20210726_085220.jpg
20210726_085701.jpg
20210726_085325.jpg
20210726_085540.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 22, 2021, 2:33:20 PM8/22/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210726_084825.jpg
20210726_085540.jpg
20210726_085722.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 23, 2021, 1:34:27 AM8/23/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Leucas.
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 29, 2021, 6:00:42 AM8/29/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
I think it appears close to images at Leucas biflora (Vahl) R.Br. ex Sm.

123 Identify wild plant
20210804_082912.jpg
20210804_083219.jpg
20210804_145809.jpg
20210727_123206.jpg
20210726_084124.jpg
20210726_084431.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 29, 2021, 8:05:15 AM8/29/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks a lot, Sunoj ji.

Aug 29, 2021, 10:09:14 AM8/29/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji, Sunojkumar ji,
Thank you very much for ID suggestion.
No, it's sepal's mouth is almost clear, but my plant's is toothed
Stigma colour is black, but my plant's is remains yellow, even if it falls down
Leaves are lengthy, my plant's is heart shaped
My plant is less hairy
Lastly, overall flower design is very different, my plant's flower is very beautiful and transparent than that.  Please check, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Aug 30, 2021, 12:31:54 AM8/30/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia
Hi, Sam ji,
Id has been confirmed by Expert, Sunoj ji, on Leucas in India.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 30, 2021, 3:09:10 AM8/30/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji,
The differences noticed by me are not differences?  Or otherwise post any one flower image like mine, then I agreed.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 30, 2021, 3:20:50 AM8/30/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji, Sunoj ji, all Members,
Thank you very much for the ID confirmation of my wild plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 30, 2021, 3:26:07 AM8/30/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes, it is L. bifolia dear Sunoj ji. Yesterday some net problems, I can't read the entire postings L. Bifolia in sfi.  With kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 7, 2021, 1:45:40 PM9/7/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
OK Sam !