Tree for ID SMP28/02/10

Satish Phadke

Feb 28, 2010, 6:26:00 AM2/28/10
to indiantreepix Indian
This Ehretia tree was observed today
I have doubt whether it is Ehretia indica or Ehretia laevis.
Dr Phadke
The length of the cyme is the differentiating character as per Flora of Mah.BSI It is seen in the picture........I think the length is more than that of the lamina so it has to be Ehretia laevis.

Date/Time-

28 FEB 2010 12:30 noon

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Pune city,Kothrud

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-

Tree

Height/Length-

?5m

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Ovate elliptic oblong(Picture) Glabrous above. Not glabrous below. 12-15cm*4-6cm

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Compound spike?

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

White, star shaped size?0.5cm.calyx 5.Petals5 style bifid.

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

?drupe 0.4cm green(Not mature)

No

EhretiaDSCN4954.jpg
EhretiaDSCN4957.jpg
EhretiaDSCN4962.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 16, 2010, 3:18:35 AM3/16/10
to efloraofindia, satish pardeshi, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, satish phadke, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

EhretiaDSCN4954.jpg
EhretiaDSCN4957.jpg
EhretiaDSCN4962.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 16, 2010, 10:12:07 AM3/16/10
to efloraofindia, satish pardeshi, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, satish phadke, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale
A reply:
"Eheratia laevis, Rgds, Shrikant"

JM Garg

Sep 29, 2018, 3:05:23 AM9/29/18
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
I find it different (particularly the leaves) from other images at Ehretia laevis
EhretiaDSCN4954.jpg
EhretiaDSCN4957.jpg
EhretiaDSCN4962.jpg

Mahadeswara

Sep 29, 2018, 8:48:29 AM9/29/18
to efloraofindia
I agree with Garg ji.

J.M. Garg

Oct 1, 2018, 12:02:34 AM10/1/18
to M Swamy, efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Thanks, Mahadeswara ji