Cirsium falconeri from Apharwat, Kashmir for validation-GS02022022-1

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 2, 2022, 2:32:45 AM1/2/22
to efloraofindia
This population was photographed from Apharwat, Kashmir, at altitude of about 3500 m, higher than two other populations from Gulmarg and Khillenmarg. The plants are stunted (may be due to higher altitude) and heads somewhat clustered. Clicked on 25-7-2011.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Cirsium-falconeri-Apharwat-P1110253.jpg
Cirsium-falconeri-Apharwat-P1110252.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 2, 2022, 3:11:13 AM1/2/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Yes, I agree.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 2, 2022, 8:12:37 AM1/2/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg ji
looking at these images and my images from Gulmarg and Khillenmarg which look very similar, and then comparing with images on Flora of Bhutan Portal, I am really confused. They look so different. Hope we resolve the confusion soon.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Jan 2, 2022, 8:30:56 AM1/2/22
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
What is the link of Flora of Bhutan, you are referring to?

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 2, 2022, 9:15:56 AM1/2/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Jan 2, 2022, 11:12:58 AM1/2/22
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
These observations may not be correct.
Pl. go by POWO: syntype and GBIF specimens (pl. do not consider the images as these may be wrong, being taken from iNaturalist).
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 2, 2022, 10:07:46 PM1/2/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes Garg ji, POWO specimens exactly match mine.