To share 200810 ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 20, 2010, 3:37:55 AM8/20/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this flower pictures near Badrinath Uttarakhand
Date/Time-14.7.10 ----8.21a.m
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Badrinath
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- ----wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- --- Tree
Height/Length- -----around 4.0me
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size -------as seen in the picture
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- ---- as seen in the picture
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
Please give ID
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_1298.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG

mani nair

Aug 20, 2010, 3:43:53 AM8/20/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
I think it is Clerodendrum.  Waiting for more answers.

Regards,

Mani.

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 20, 2010, 3:46:19 AM8/20/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Aesculus indica (Horse Chest Nut)
Pankaj

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 20, 2010, 6:22:42 AM8/20/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Yes Pankaj ji is right, Aesculus indica, locally Bankhor or Ban akhrot, Kashmir Handun

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Farida Abraham

Aug 20, 2010, 8:18:06 AM8/20/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Pankaj Kumar, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
yes horse chestnut FA
--
Mrs. F. Abraham.
Principal,

promila chaturvedi

Aug 20, 2010, 9:16:58 AM8/20/10
to mani nair, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
to me also it seems to be Asculus indica-the Horse Chestnut.
Promila

tanay bose

Aug 20, 2010, 1:50:49 PM8/20/10
to promila chaturvedi, mani nair, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Aesculus indica undoubtedly
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose