Baobab Tree - Adasonia digitata, Linn

raghu ananth

Apr 14, 2008, 11:54:56 PM4/14/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Fam: Bombacaceae
Adasonia digitata, Linn
Baobab Tree, Dead-rat tree, Monkey-bread tree, Upside-down tree
Local Name: Seeme Hunise, Mugi Maavu, Goddu Hunise

This tree is compared closely with the  'Kalpa Vriksha'  tree in our purana' s  among scientists.

Lal bagh, Bengaluru
Apr 2008

between 2007-07-07 and 9999-99-99 <!--1--><hr size=1></hr> Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more. You name it, <a href="http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_groups_1/*http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/"> we have it.</a>
DSC_6699.jpg
DSC_6701.jpg
DSC_6697.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 15, 2008, 1:21:52 AM4/15/08
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Lovely shots, Raghu ji.
Here are details in Indiantreepix Database with Indiantreepix & other links:
For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

akbhatt

Apr 15, 2008, 2:58:42 AM4/15/08
to indiantreepix
In Residency premises in Indore, there are a no. of baobab trees. They
must be at least a hundred years old.
akbhatt
~~~~~~~~

On Apr 15, 8:54 am, raghu ananth <raghu_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Fam: Bombacaceae
> Adasonia digitata, Linn
> Baobab Tree, Dead-rat tree, Monkey-bread tree, Upside-down tree
> Local Name: Seeme Hunise, Mugi Maavu, Goddu Hunise
>
> This tree is compared closely with the  'Kalpa Vriksha'  tree in our purana' s  among scientists.
>
> Lal bagh, Bengaluru
> Apr 2008
>
>       Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Go tohttp://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/
>
>  DSC_6699.jpg
> 209KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_6701.jpg
> 217KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_6697.jpg
> 172KViewDownload

Vasant Barve

Apr 15, 2008, 7:34:09 AM4/15/08
to akbhatt, indiantreepix
Some people call these as Gorakha Chinch. Fruits are sold as medicine by road side medicine jadi butiwalas.

--
Dr. Vasant Barve
# 9 Sneha Nagar 1st Cross, Amrutahalli, Main

vijay kiyawat

Apr 15, 2008, 1:00:30 PM4/15/08
to Vasant Barve, akbhatt, indiantreepix
not just as medicine but also as an eatable fruit. in mandu near indore there are several baobabs and the fruit is sold in the village for eating.
-vijay kiyawat

between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99