Tree for ID: 25july2023-01

Gool Pavri

Jul 25, 2023, 11:33:32 AM7/25/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I am a recent joinee and intend to share on this forum a few images of some wild monsoon plants that I struggled to identify. The pictures taken in the rain are not ideal and may not be adequate. I hope the collective experience of the group can provide some leads.

Please find enclosed a picture of the fruits of a fairly large tree seen in a private forested area along the Mumbai-Gujarat border region (off Dahanu).

Date: 7 July 2023.

Regards, Gool
IMG_1536-min.jpg

vip...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2023, 11:39:25 AM7/25/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Falconeria insignis Royle [Euphorbiaceae]

Synonym: Sapium insigne (Royle) Trimen.

Best wishes, Viplav

Gool Pavri

Jul 26, 2023, 10:32:32 AM7/26/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Thank you so much Viplav ji for the really quick identification. Much appreciated.

Regards, Gool