Rosaceae Week- 031011 NS1 a rose for ID ,from Shimla

Neha Singh

Oct 3, 2011, 4:10:33 AM10/3/11
to efloraofindia

Dear Friends,
                    This rose was photographed at Shimla, in wild.

My guess is Himalayan Musk Rose / Rosa brunonii.

Location- Churdhar  Wildlife Sanctuary, Shimla

Date/ Time - Oct 2010.

Regards
Neha Singh

Happy Rosaceae Week

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 3, 2011, 4:27:04 AM10/3/11
to Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Neha ji
You missed the attachment

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Neha Singh

Oct 3, 2011, 4:31:33 AM10/3/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
 (Sorry, Attachments were missed. Attaching now )
 Thanks , Gurcharan Sir  for reminding.
DSCF9074.JPG
Himalayan Rose.JPG

amit chauhan

Oct 3, 2011, 5:08:09 AM10/3/11
to Neha Singh, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Was it a climber ?

regards

--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant

Tabish

Oct 3, 2011, 5:31:23 AM10/3/11
to efloraofindia
Silky Rose (Rosa sericea)
- Tabish
>  DSCF9074.JPG
> 149KViewDownload
>
>  Himalayan Rose.JPG
> 171KViewDownload

Neha Singh

Oct 3, 2011, 7:00:43 AM10/3/11
to efloraofindia

It was a shrub .

Balkar Arya

Oct 3, 2011, 9:10:58 PM10/3/11
to Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Agree with Id of Tabish ji

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Neha Singh <neha.v...@gmail.com> wrote:

It was a shrub .

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Neha Singh

Oct 4, 2011, 3:48:48 AM10/4/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks for identification Tabish sir and Balkar sir.

Regards
Neha

chrischa...@btinternet.com

Jan 16, 2017, 8:10:49 PM1/16/17
to efloraofindia
I think this probably is Rosa sericea - DIFFICULT when ONLY close-ups of petals shown.   PLEASE on future occasions take images
of sepals, prickles and foliage as well.

J.M. Garg

Jan 16, 2017, 11:18:45 PM1/16/17
to chrischa...@btinternet.com, efloraofindia, Neha Singh
Thanks, Chadwell ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).