Exotic Flowering Plants

Kapil Sama

Sep 27, 2013, 8:00:07 AM9/27/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Planning to plant few exotic/rare flowering plant in Delhi..

Please suggest the source also from where I can procure the plant..

Any advise ??

Regards,
Kapil

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 27, 2013, 8:05:27 AM9/27/13
to Kapil Sama, efloraofindia
Sunder Nursery, Jagdish nursery, Supreme nursery

Gurcharan Singh

Dr. Badri Narayanan T

Sep 27, 2013, 8:17:22 AM9/27/13
to Kapil Sama, indiantreepix

Dear Kapilji,
Please consider planting native species only. I feel it is ecologically more appropriate to plant only those species which belong to that region. Each native tree species carries along with it a small niche or micro-habitat of all other living things from lesser plants, fungi, insects, birds, and so on. If that plant happens to be a fig like banyan, then there is an entire world of living beings associated with it.
Some suggestions : Ficus species, Lagerstromia, Bombax ceiba, Butea monospema, Capparis sp and so on.
May be plants in the Delhi ridge could be a good choice.
Happy gardening.
May you help other creatures in your gardening pursuits.
Best wishes.
Dr. Badri