Ipomoea deccana ?

Pravin Kawale

Jan 1, 2010, 3:15:01 AM1/1/10
to indiantreepix
Hi,
Is it Ipomoea deccana ?
Pl validte.
Photographed at Chiplun,Maharashtra
Thanks in advance

DSC00364.JPG
DSC00365.JPG
DSC00366.JPG
DSC00368.JPG

DSC00364.JPG
DSC00365.JPG
DSC00366.JPG
DSC00368.JPG

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jan 1, 2010, 4:11:47 AM1/1/10
to indiantreepix
This is not I. deccana but to guess accurately please give the
habitat, the size of corolla, type of inflorescence, the size and
habit of plant and the size of the leaves. Regards
Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Shrikant Ingalhalikar

>  DSC00364.JPG
> 62KViewDownload
>
>  DSC00365.JPG
> 73KViewDownload
>
>  DSC00366.JPG
> 76KViewDownload
>
>  DSC00368.JPG
> 73KViewDownload

Muthu Karthick

Jan 1, 2010, 10:54:02 PM1/1/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
For me, this looks like Argeyria sp.

Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth
Chennai
www.careearthtrust.org

J.M. Garg

Feb 12, 2010, 12:04:36 PM2/12/10
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Muthu Karthick

Earlier relevant feedback:

“This is not I. deccana but to guess accurately please give the

habitat, the size of corolla, type of inflorescence, the size and
habit of plant and the size of the leaves. Regards

Shrikant Ingalhalikar”

"For me, this looks like Argeyria sp." from Muthu ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

DSC00364.JPG
DSC00365.JPG
DSC00366.JPG
DSC00368.JPG

J.M. Garg

Feb 15, 2010, 12:17:25 AM2/15/10
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Muthu Karthick
A reply:
"Dear Praveen,
This is an interesting plant. Pls give additional info for ID. It seems to tally with a pending ID posted by me sometime back. Rgds
Shrikant Ingalhalikar"

Pravin Kawale

Feb 15, 2010, 11:23:45 AM2/15/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Muthu Karthick
Hi,
Unfortunatly I have no more details about this plant.
when I photographed it just before sunset and
was in hurry.
Regards

On 2/15/10, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A reply:
> "Dear Praveen,
> This is an interesting plant. Pls give additional info for ID. It seems to
> tally with a pending ID posted by me sometime back. Rgds
> Shrikant Ingalhalikar"
>
> On 12 February 2010 22:34, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise pl.
>>
>> Earlier relevant feedback:
>>

>> “This is *not I. deccana* but to guess accurately please give the

>> habitat, the size of corolla, type of inflorescence, the size and
>> habit of plant and the size of the leaves. Regards
>> Shrikant Ingalhalikar”
>>

>> "For me, this *looks like Argeyria sp."* from Muthu ji.

J.M. Garg

Mar 10, 2010, 1:17:00 AM3/10/10
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Tabish, satish pardeshi, Dinesh Valke, Pravin Kawale, Muthu Karthick
Earlier relevant feedback:
This is not I. deccana but to guess accurately please give the
habitat, the size of corolla, type of inflorescence, the size and
habit of plant and the size of the leaves. Regards
Shrikant Ingalhalikar”

"For me, this looks like Argeyria sp." from Muthu ji.

"Unfortunatly I have no more details about this plant.
 when  I photographed it just before sunset and

was in hurry.' from Pravin ji.

to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Tabish, satish pardeshi, Dinesh Valke, Pravin Kawale, Muthu Karthick
A reply:
"Hello all
it is
Argyreia sericea Dalz. in Dalz. & Gibs. Bombay Fl. 169, 1861; Cl. in Hook. f. Fl. Brit. India 4: 188, 1883; Cooke, Fl. Pres. Bombay 2: 326, 1958 (Repr); Singh et al, Fl. Mah. St. 2: 445, 2001.
Common names: Gavel.
i have collected this plant SGNP, Mumbai.
Regards
Satish Pardeshi
Plant Taxonomist
Mumbai, Pune"