Tree for ID : Nasik : 10JAN22 : AK - 18

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 10, 2022, 11:55:06 AM1/10/22
to efloraofindia
Small trees seen at the base of Borgad.
I was given to understand these are very good as a medicine against cough.
Will take better images during my next visit.
Aarti
P1440990.JPG
P1440986.JPG
P1440989.JPG
P1440987.JPG

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jan 10, 2022, 11:57:11 AM1/10/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Boswellia,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
01/10/22, 10:26:31 PM

Anil Bhuktar

Jan 10, 2022, 12:09:03 PM1/10/22
to efloraofindia
Boswellia serrata
Dr. Anil S. Bhuktar
Professor & Head,
Department of Botany,
Vivekanand Arts Sardar Dalipsingh Commerce & Science College,
Samarth Nagar, Aurangabad,
Maharashtra, India.
Mob: 9423150037

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 10, 2022, 10:23:41 PM1/10/22
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Anil Bhuktar
Thanks a lot Paradesi Ji and Anil Ji.
This tree is well known to me.
I have seen it in Muscat and around Oman a number of times.
Yet, I could not guess.
Regards,
Aarti

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CACqMTk%3Dw27ZVjpA9Be9m5%2BXg8GT0F46xcMYtiAPAa%2BrWs9iS9g%40mail.gmail.com.

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 11, 2022, 10:27:08 PM1/11/22
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Anil Bhuktar
Dear all,
Sorry, the ones in Oman are probably Boswellia sacra and not these.
I had seen these in the Zarwani Forest in Gujarat a couple of years ago.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 26, 2022, 11:19:19 AM4/26/22
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, J.M. Garg
Updating my earlier post.
I was lucky to see the flowers during the last week of January this year.
Aarti
P1450787.JPG
P1450791.JPG
P1450790.JPG
P1450789.JPG
P1450788.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 26, 2022, 8:18:36 PM4/26/22
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Thanks, Aarti ji, for the beautiful images.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg