SK 3402 11 April 2022

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 11, 2022, 8:14:08 AM4/11/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
Dear Members,

Location: Gorran Haven, St. Austell, UK
Altitude: 43m.
Date: 02 April 2022
Habit : Wild
Galium aparine L. ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_2517.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 11, 2022, 8:14:23 AM4/11/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_2518.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 11, 2022, 8:14:36 AM4/11/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
DSC_2519.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 11, 2022, 8:15:00 AM4/11/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_2520.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 11, 2022, 8:15:08 AM4/11/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
DSC_2521.JPG

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 11, 2022, 8:24:42 AM4/11/22
to efloraofindia
Yes Galium aparine.....common names include  cleavers, catchweed and sticky willy  among others

Your pics are superb..really sharp and clear.
I must go and re do mine.

GALIUM APARINE 27-06-2014 16-26-55.JPG
GALIUM APARINE 27-06-2014 16-26-49.JPG
GALIUM APARINE 27-06-2014 16-27-09.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 11, 2022, 8:41:58 AM4/11/22
to efloraindia, Sheila Sadd, Alastair Culham

Thank you Sheila !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 12, 2022, 12:37:08 AM4/12/22
to efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Sheila ji,
Nice to see your expertise.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 15, 2022, 7:50:14 AM4/15/22
to efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd, Saroj Kasaju
To me appears close to images and references at Galium verum subsp. verum
Looks different from images and references at Galium aparine L.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 15, 2022, 11:49:31 AM4/15/22
to efloraofindia
Both a extremely common weeds in UK.
I still stand by  my  id  of Galium aparine...sorry!

Galium aparine is easy to tell...
 Quote..."Easily told from other Bedstraw species by very rough feel - clings to clothing.  It clings like Velcro.

Galium verum I know equally well .....common name Bedstraw .
I do not believe it is a match.
The leaves are much finer.

     Quote....  "If no flowers, can be told from other Bedstraws by leaves having downturned margins.

Other features: Stems have no prickles on angles.  Leaves dark green above, pale beneath."

See my images below showing the pale underside and downturned margins.

J.M. Garg

Apr 15, 2022, 12:45:39 PM4/15/22
to efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Sheila ji.
I further checked up.
You are right.
👍👍👍