[efloraofindia:32970] Ficus sp.for ID

Satish Phadke

Apr 22, 2010, 11:37:30 AM4/22/10
to indiantreepix Indian
I saw this ficus tree on Vetal Tekdi.
Not a fully grown tree so no aerial roots observed.
Leaf size 10 cm *5cm ; petiole 5cm
Can any guess be made without the fruits?
Dr Phadke

FicusIMG_8752.jpg
FicusIMG_8753.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Apr 22, 2010, 1:53:02 PM4/22/10
to efloraofindia
The grooved petiole, lamina shape and venation suggests Ficus
amplissima. This bears short aerial roots and whitish small figs
crowded at the end of branches. Regards, Shrikant
>  FicusIMG_8752.jpg
> 86KViewDownload
>
>  FicusIMG_8753.jpg
> 99KViewDownload

Nudrat

Apr 22, 2010, 1:53:18 PM4/22/10
to efloraofindia
Hello,

Could be F. microcarpa or F. retusa. Just a guess as i am not very
sure of the id.

On Apr 22, 8:37 pm, Satish Phadke <phadke.sat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw this ficus tree on Vetal Tekdi.
> Not a fully grown tree so no aerial roots observed.
> Leaf size 10 cm *5cm ; petiole 5cm
> Can any guess be made without the fruits?
> Dr Phadke
>
> --
>
>  FicusIMG_8752.jpg
> 86KViewDownload
>
>  FicusIMG_8753.jpg
> 99KViewDownload

Smilax004

Apr 23, 2010, 5:34:17 AM4/23/10
to efloraofindia
Hi,

I too think that this is F. amplissima. The very distinct 3 ribbed
base is another important character for this species. A common
indigenous species distributed in the Peninsular India, SL and
Maldives Isl.

Regards
Giby
ATREE, Bangalore