Malvaceae Week - Great Response from all

Balkar Arya

Sep 6, 2011, 12:11:29 PM9/6/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all
Till today about 80 new threads with heading Malvaceae Week has been started and more than 300 mails related to Malvaceae Week.
I must say Thanks a Lot to all (especialy those who are posting lots of malvaceae plant pics) for taking great interest in the event.
Within two days About 60 species has come up: a delicious treat to the eyes
4 days are ahead for malvaceae week, i request you all to post more and more identified and unidentified pics of plants belonging to malvaceae to break all the previous records of family week celebrations.
Thanks

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 6, 2011, 12:25:19 PM9/6/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Yes Balkar ji, the episode has already met great response thanks primarily to Dinesh ji, Prashant ji, Ushadi, you, Satish ji and others.I plan to distribute my uploads over the week, having reached D today.

Request other members also to upload their photographs pertaining to Malvaceae.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Sep 6, 2011, 11:52:20 PM9/6/11
to efloraofindia
Yes... waiting eagerly to see all the unknowns in this HUGE I mean
HUGE and sometimes confusing family... it seems taxonomists and
Botanists have had their hands full trying to classify many of the
related plants here.... You have a treasure trove.

I wonder if its because more people are working in this field, or more
are doing great dissections and observations, including microscopic
exams.... and genetic fingerprinting...
or that this group seems to hybridize readily... (and other group I
find hybridizes like crazy is Lamiceae) ...

I wonder...

Ushadi
===