158 ID wild plant Strobilanthes

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 26, 2021, 11:29:55 AM9/26/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, with kind regards,Sam

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 03.09.2021, 01.15pm

Habitat: wild, moisture, nearby streaming or river, filtered sunlight

Plant habit: under shrub, erect, branches, hard stem 02cm diameter, perennial, roots from stem, stilt roots, died after blooming

Height: 09 feet

Leaves: opposite, ovate, oblong, apex, toothed margins, projected veins either side, purple under leaves, size:13×7cm or less

Flower: racemose, diameter:17mm, white, good fragrance

Fruit: capsule, green into brown, size:12×4×2mm

Seed: brown, 2 nos., pear shaped compressed, size:3×2mm

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

158 Identify wild plant
20210903_132600.jpg
20210903_132847.jpg
20210903_131635.jpg
20210903_131956.jpg
20210903_132957.jpg
20210903_131753.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 26, 2021, 11:33:44 AM9/26/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210903_133202.jpg
20210903_132957.jpg
20210903_131911.jpg
20210903_133106.jpg
20210903_133133.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 26, 2021, 11:42:29 AM9/26/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210903_133242.jpg
20210903_134003.jpg
20210903_134441.jpg
20210902_143005.jpg
20210902_143143.jpg
20210902_143048.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 26, 2021, 11:48:34 AM9/26/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210902_143425.jpg
20210902_143329.jpg
20210903_134116.jpg
20210903_134144.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 3, 2021, 5:19:46 AM10/3/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Could not find a match as per comparative images at Strobilanthes
It Strobilanthes or something else?

With regards,
J.M.Garg
20210903_133202.jpg
20210903_132957.jpg
20210903_131911.jpg
20210903_133106.jpg
20210903_133133.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 3, 2021, 5:20:30 AM10/3/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Could not find a match as per comparative images at Strobilanthes
It Strobilanthes or something else?

Oct 3, 2021, 5:28:50 AM10/3/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Dear all,
This is Strobilanthes barbatus Nees var. bonaccordensis Santhosh & Raj Vikraman, Journ. Econ. Tax. Bot. 25: 742. 2001. Unfortunately, this has been considered as a synonym of S. barbatus Nees now. I strongly felt that this variety might be standing alone as the typical variety has a winged stem and var bonaccordensis is a wing less stem often rounded in appearence.
Santhosh

J.M. Garg

Oct 3, 2021, 5:44:13 AM10/3/21
to Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks a lot, Santhosh ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Oct 3, 2021, 8:08:50 AM10/3/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks a lot, Dr. Wood.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Oct 3, 2021, 11:20:43 AM10/3/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Great, dear Santhosh ji, yes, it is.  Thank you very much for ID my plant, kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 3, 2021, 11:23:25 AM10/3/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar
Dear Garg ji, Santhosh ji, Dr. Wood, all Members,
Thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.