Kashmiri names of Plants

Gurcharan Singh

May 14, 2024, 8:03:41 AMMay 14
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Friends. here is list of plants with Kashmiri names taken from my Book
Florest Flora of Srinagar and the plants of neighbourhood by G. Singh and P. Kachroo, 1976

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Kashmiri Names.docx

taffa...@gmail.com

May 14, 2024, 8:36:37 AMMay 14
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Gurcharan Ji,
Thanks for this important compilation.
Helps me to identify the Celtis species I have posted on this site as C.caucasica.
Regards
Taffazull

Dinesh Valke

May 14, 2024, 12:43:21 PMMay 14
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you very very much, Gurcharan ji, for providing the list of plant names in your book.
A great help to me.
Regards.
Dinesh

taffa...@gmail.com

May 15, 2024, 5:59:15 AMMay 15
to eFloraofIndia
Lawrence has mentioned Kanzal  and Sarul  as Kashmiri names of Alnus nitida ( page 79 of his book "The Valley of Kashmir"). There is a beautiful resort called Kanzalwan literally meaning Kanzal forest (Wan means forest) in the Gurez Valley  which might have been  so named because of Kanzal trees growing  there.
Regards
Taffazull

Gurcharan Singh

May 25, 2024, 3:52:50 AMMay 25
to eFloraofIndia
Thanks Taffazul ji for this important information

J.M. Garg

May 26, 2024, 2:22:07 AMMay 26
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, GurcharanSingh
Thanks a lot, Singh ji
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg