For ID 310509 ET107

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

May 31, 2009, 7:28:08 AM5/31/09
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this picture during Bio Diversity Trail at Great Himalayan
National Park base camp, on
10th May,2009.
Kindly give ID .
Thank you in advance

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

Shaista

May 31, 2009, 7:41:56 AM5/31/09
to indiantreepix
Round-leaf rock jasmine (Androsace rotundifolia)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Roundleaf%20Rock%20Jasmine.html

On May 31, 4:28 pm, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram <ethiruvenga...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>  IMG_0037.JPG
> 159KViewDownload

Mahendra Prasad

Jun 6, 2009, 12:18:22 PM6/6/09
to indiantreepix, Shaista
While the flower in Thiru's pix and the flowersofIndia
pix are similar, only colour being different, the leaves seem to be totally at variance from each pix. Can anyone offer any explanations ?
-

-- On Sun, 31/5/09, Shaista <shaist...@gmail.com> wrote:

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

chrischa...@btinternet.com

Nov 13, 2016, 8:43:03 PM11/13/16
to efloraofindia, ethiruv...@gmail.com
Yes, this looks like what I understand to be Androsace rotundifolia.  Please note this is an exceedingly variable plant with several varieties having been recognised in the past.  Nasir in Primulaceae (Flora of Pakistan) recognised two subspecies: rotundifolia & glandulosa, whilst var. thomsonii he elevated to a separate species (which is found in Ladakh, Baltistan and other parts of N.Pakistan near Tibetan border.

Stewart found the species to be everywhere in Kashmir from 1500-3000m.  Flowers of the Himalaya say open slopes, very common in W.Himalaya.  Collet found it on rocks & banks at Shimla & Mushobra.

J.M. Garg

Nov 15, 2016, 11:36:38 PM11/15/16
to chrischa...@btinternet.com, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, efloraofindia

Thanks, Chadwell ji