for ID070609ET118

1 view

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Jun 7, 2009, 3:59:35 AM6/7/09
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this flower picture while trekking from 2100 metre level to
2800 metre level at
Great Himalayan National Park on
12th May,2009.
Kindly give ID .
Thank you in advance

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

sibdas

Jun 7, 2009, 5:04:21 AM6/7/09
to indiantreepix
a Clematis?

On Jun 7, 12:59 pm, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram <ethiruvenga...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>  IMG_0054.JPG
> 95KViewDownload

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Jun 7, 2009, 6:58:53 AM6/7/09
to sibdas, indiantreepix
It was not having clusters of flowers, single flower was there.
It is a climber. It was on a slope of the hill, though I am having one more photo, it is in the same composition. It was difficult to take in different angle.
--
With Warm Regards,

      THIRU
(E.Thiruvengadam)
Mobile 9987886892
Chembur, Mumbai -- India

J.M. Garg

Jun 25, 2009, 10:55:31 AM6/25/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id help pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

IMG_0054.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 20, 2009, 11:04:28 PM7/20/09
to indiantreepix

Forwarding again for Id help pl.

Jul 21, 2009, 6:40:39 AM7/21/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Dear Garg ji,

This could be Wrightia tinctoria  (Apocynaceae  family).

best wishes
Prashant ..

Bhatt Sweta

Jul 21, 2009, 9:02:04 AM7/21/09
to Prashant awale, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
You can cross check with this link

The petals do appear twisted, which is key character of flowers of Apocynaceae members. However, if you can comment about its fruiting structure, then it will be much easier.
Wrightia tinctoria has got fruiting bodies in form of two medium sized slender pods and the seed dispersal mechanism is peculiar.
You can check for more on this link
And i guess Shri Dinesh Walke ji can help us more

satish pardeshi

Jul 22, 2009, 5:17:06 AM7/22/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all
please dont think of this being a apocynaceae member. this particular
flower has numerous stamens and not the corona. hence it cant be
wrightia species. infact the petals here seems to be 4 in number.
since it is a climber i cannot think it be a cleome member, however
this flower reminds me of Cleome chelidonii which is voilet in colour
and which is an erect herb. i request Thiru Ji if he can update other
information regarding the plant, ie. number of petals, free or fused,
etc, for accurate identification.

regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Jul 21, 6:02 pm, Bhatt Sweta <bhattsw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can cross check with this linkhttp://www.google.co.in/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wik...
>
> The petals do appear twisted, which is key character of flowers of
> Apocynaceae members. However, if you can comment about its fruiting
> structure, then it will be much easier.
> Wrightia tinctoria has got fruiting bodies in form of two medium
> sized slender pods and the seed dispersal mechanism is peculiar.
> You can check for more on this linkhttp://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Sweet%20Indrajao.html
> And i guess Shri Dinesh Walke ji can help us more
>

> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Garg ji,
>
> > This could be *Wrightia tinctoria* * (*Apocynaceae  family).
>
> > best wishes
> > Prashant ..
> >> Indiantreepix:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en- Hide quoted text -

satish pardeshi

Jul 23, 2009, 1:02:00 AM7/23/09
to indiantreepix
yes i too feel this can be a clematis species. petals 4, stamens
numerous, carpels free, a climber.
most of the characters are that of clematis.

regards
Satish Pardeshi