Names of Plants in India :: Gujarati names of Ichnocarpus frutescens

Dinesh Valke

Oct 8, 2016, 12:18:18 PM10/8/16
to efloraofindia, vip...@gmail.com
Dear friends and Viplav ji,
Please validate Gujarati names of Ichnocarpus frutescens ...

ધૂરીબેલ dhuribel, કાલી ઉપલસરી kali upalsari

Ref: Street Ayurveda (and a couple of blog sites, all carrying ditto content).

Regards.
Dinesh

vip...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2016, 10:16:13 AM10/9/16
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia

Dear Dinesh ji,

To my knowledge, Ichnocarpus frutescens is known as શ્યામલતા in Gujarati. The names ધૂરીવેલ and ઉપલરી (also known as ઉપલસારી or ઉપલસળી) are commonly used for Hemidesmus indicus.

કાળી ઉપલરી could well be a plausible candidate for Ichnocarpus frutescens but I have not encountered it so far.

Best wishes, Viplav

Dinesh Valke

Oct 9, 2016, 12:44:28 PM10/9/16
to vip...@gmail.com, efloraofindia
Thank you very very much Viplav ji. This is great help.
I will go with શ્યામલતા !

Regards.
Dinesh