[efloraofindia:35096] Vinca minor

Balkar Arya

May 17, 2010, 10:08:30 PM5/17/10
to indiantreepix, botanyku...@googlegroups.com
Dear All
Vinca minor
From Solan HP Photo taken 11-6-2006

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Vinca minor.jpg

tanay bose

May 18, 2010, 12:29:30 AM5/18/10
to bodhi-n...@googlegroups.com, indiantreepix, botanyku...@googlegroups.com
Yes indeed great one !! do you have a close up the flower Balkar Ji
Tanay

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Balkar Arya <balka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear All
Vinca minor
From Solan HP Photo taken 11-6-2006

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

May 18, 2010, 7:25:47 AM5/18/10
to bodhi-n...@googlegroups.com, efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Balkar Arya, Tabish, Vijayasankar Raman

Kenneth Greby

May 18, 2010, 7:43:15 AM5/18/10
to Gurcharan Singh, bodhi-n...@googlegroups.com, efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Balkar Arya, Tabish, Vijayasankar Raman
Dr. Singh--

 That was my first thought as well.

 Also, V. minor is a relatively low groundcover, with well-established plantings rarely taller than about 25cm/10" tall. V. major is easily double that height. (Not a very scientific description, but often useful in the field anyway.)

Regards--
Ken.

May 18, 2010, 11:46:03 AM5/18/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Dear All
attaching a close up of flower and leaves
also adding Key from Eflora of China

Leaf blade truncate or subcordate at base, margin and calyx lobes ciliate; pedicel 3-5 cm   1 Vinca major

Leaf blade narrow at base, margin and calyx lobes glabrous; pedicel 1-1.5 cm   2 Vinca minor

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat

--
Vinca Flower.jpg
vinca leaves.jpg

tanay bose

May 18, 2010, 11:51:13 AM5/18/10
to Balkar Arya, Tabish, efloraofindia
A truly great collection better to say a complete collection Balkar Ji... keep it up !!!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)