PM01-29072021- Plant ID from Kullu, HP

Pardeep Mor

Jul 29, 2021, 3:19:40 AM7/29/21
to efloraofindia
Habit- herb
habitat- wild, moist places, commonly encountered in P. roxburghii forest
altitude- 1600- 1800m
location- Kullu
date- June 2021

--
Pardeep K. Mor
Research Scholar

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 29, 2021, 3:46:25 AM7/29/21
to efloraindia, Pardeep Mor, J.M. Garg
Vincetoxicum arnottianum (Wight) Wight ??  Please post open flower images.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Pardeep Mor

Jul 29, 2021, 5:29:05 AM7/29/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Unfortunately I don't have flower images.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 29, 2021, 5:29:59 AM7/29/21
to Pardeep Mor, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
I mean to say capture when it flower.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Pardeep Mor

Jul 29, 2021, 1:25:37 PM7/29/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Thank u sir
I think it is differed from Vincetoxicum arnottianum.

J.M. Garg

Aug 7, 2021, 11:55:14 AM8/7/21
to Pardeep Mor, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia

Tylophora is more likely.
What are the species reported from the area?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Pardeep Mor

Aug 8, 2021, 4:43:54 AM8/8/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Thank u sir I will check

J.M. Garg

Pardeep Mor

Aug 16, 2021, 8:18:37 AM8/16/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Sir T. asthmatica is reported from Kullu
However my plant is quite different from it.

J.M. Garg

Aug 24, 2021, 3:31:45 AM8/24/21
to efloraofindia, Pardeep Mor
May I request for the species of Tylophora listed in Himachal, so as to pinpoint this species.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
m_IMG-20210603-WA0002.jpg
m_IMG-20210603-WA0003.jpg
m_IMG-20210603-WA0004.jpg
m_IMG-20210603-WA0005.jpg

Pardeep Mor

Aug 24, 2021, 6:15:26 AM8/24/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Sir following Sp. reported from H.P:-
Tylophora tenerrima from Shoja area of Kullu as per  Flora of Kullu by Dayal Singh Dhaliwal and M sharma 1999.
T. govanii, T. hirsuta, T. tenerrima is reported from H.P as per Flora of HP by Chowdhery and Wadhwa 1984.
What about Vincetoxicum hirundinaria??? Reported from the same location where current plant was clicked.

J.M. Garg

Aug 25, 2021, 12:11:21 AM8/25/21
to efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Pardeep Mor
Thanks, Ashutosh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Aug 30, 2021, 6:33:14 AM8/30/21
to Pardeep Mor, Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia
On checking all these species, Vincetoxicum canescens is possible.
May I request you to pl. show the close up of the flower buds?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Pardeep Mor

Sep 7, 2021, 1:37:17 AM9/7/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Sir I got recent images of this plant in fruiting stage.
IMG-20210905-WA0025.jpg
IMG-20210905-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20210905-WA0024.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 7, 2021, 2:06:12 AM9/7/21
to efloraindia, Pardeep Mor, J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 9, 2021, 12:01:46 PM9/9/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Pardeep Mor
Closest I can go is Vincetoxicum canescens only.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Pardeep Mor

Sep 10, 2021, 6:30:22 AM9/10/21
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Thank you all

J.M. Garg

Sep 3, 2022, 6:11:53 AM9/3/22
to efloraofindia, Pardeep Mor, Saroj Kasaju, D.S Rawat, Nidhan Singh, Ashwini Bhatia, Prashant awale
Taking it as Vincetoxicum kenouriense (Wight) Wight, Icon. Pl. Ind. Orient., pl. 1614. 1850 (syn: Cynanchum kenouriense Wight, Contr. Bot. India 58. 1834.) as per Taxonomy of Vincetoxicum s.str. (Asclepiadoideae, Apocynaceae) from southern Asia including three new species and resurrected names-  Sayed Afzal Shah, Amir Sultan, Jun Wen, Zahid Ullah, Surat Un Nisa, Zhumei Ren, Muhammad Maqsood Alam, Javed Iqbal, Abdul Samad Mumtaz - June 2021PhytoKeys 179(1):35-73
It states "Corolla tube ca. 1 mm long, lobes oblong with obtuse apices, 3–3.5 × 1–2 mm, glabrous within or sparse caducous trichomes present"
Thanks to the authors for solving the puzzle.

Sep 4, 2022, 5:24:52 AM9/4/22
to eFloraofIndia
Venation not matching