Hyoscyamus niger from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 6, 2010, 10:03:41 PM8/6/10
to efloraofindia
Hyoscyamus niger from Kashmir, commonly growing in wastelands and grazed areas. Photographed from Pahalgam on June 20, 2010.

Common Names:
English: Black henbane, Henbane, Hogbean, Stinking night-shade,
German: schwarzes Bilsenkraut
Sans: Dipya, Parasikaya
Hindi: Khurasaniajvayan
Beng: Khorasaniajowan
Mar: Khorasanivova
Tel: Khurashavivamam
Tam: Kurasaniyomam
Kan: Khurasanivadaki
Kashmir: Bazarbang

Source of important drug Henbane.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Hyoscyamus-niger-Kashmir-a.jpg
Hyoscyamus-niger-Kashmir-b.jpg
Hyoscyamus-niger-Kashmir-c.jpg

mani nair

Aug 6, 2010, 10:15:18 PM8/6/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Singh ji, beautiful flower.

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 6, 2010, 10:42:29 PM8/6/10
to mani nair, efloraofindia
Thanks for appreciation, Mani ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Pankaj Oudhia

Aug 7, 2010, 1:32:50 AM8/7/10
to efloraofindia
Beautiful pictures Gurcharan ji. Thanks for sharing. Homoeopaths treat patients having mental illness through this remedy. It is one of the frequently used remedies.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

tanay bose

Aug 7, 2010, 1:52:44 AM8/7/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
lovely colours
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

nabha meghani

Aug 7, 2010, 7:54:24 AM8/7/10
to mani nair, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks Prof. Singh ji,

It is really great that you have started adding german names to the list. I am very happy about it.
It was normally me, always writing the german name not knowing if anyone was interested in knowing it.
You can be sure, that I read the german name with interest.

Regards
Nalini

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 7, 2010, 7:56:30 AM8/7/10
to nabha meghani, mani nair, efloraofindia
Thanks Nalini ji
I will continue to add German names wherever available to me.