PLANT FOR ID 35 SMP 1 FEB 2009

satish phadke

Mar 5, 2009, 11:50:41 AM3/5/09
to indiantreepix Indian
I saw this tree near Bhor Pune on Sunday1 Feb 2009.In fact there were plenty of them near the farms.Unfortunately I had forgotten the camera. I had to take a sample twig to home which dried on way home. The ripe fruits which are visible are black but the fresh fruits were pale yellow with pinkish tinge.
Sorry no other data including flowering.
Can anybody ID it?
Satish
--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

satish phadke

Mar 5, 2009, 1:23:39 PM3/5/09
to indiantreepix Indian
Some problems in attachments
Will send again later.

2009/3/5 satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
DSCN2148s.jpg

Neil Soares

Mar 6, 2009, 3:19:13 AM3/6/09
to satish phadke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Satish,
  It looks like Bridelia spinosa [B.retusa] locally called Asana.
               Regards,
                 Neil.

satish phadke

Mar 6, 2009, 8:29:51 AM3/6/09
to drneil...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot.
Had heard a lot about Asana but never seen one in flowering or fruiting phase.Will try to observe the flowering later?? next year....
Satish

2009/3/6 Neil Soares <drneil...@yahoo.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com