Request for ID 05th April 2010 Vellas

Swagat

Apr 15, 2010, 1:33:20 AM4/15/10
to indiantreepix

Dear all,

Request for ID....

Date/Time- 05th April 2010, 08.20 a.m.

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-  Vellas, Tahasil- Mandangad, Dist. Ratnagiri, Maharashtra  वेळास, ता.- मंडणगड, जि.- रत्नागिरी, महाराष्‍ट्र

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Close to Sea shore

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  Tree

Height/Length-

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568 / 9422317979

050410-Vellas-Swagat2.jpg
050410-Vellas-Swagat2A.jpg
050410-Vellas-Swagat2B.jpg
050410-Vellas-Swagat2C.jpg
050410-Vellas-Swagat2D.jpg

Prashant awale

Apr 15, 2010, 2:38:06 AM4/15/10
to Swagat, indiantreepix
Dear Swagat ji,
This looks like Rhizophora mucronata.
Family:  Rhizophoracea .

regards
Prashant

tanay bose

Apr 15, 2010, 9:21:01 AM4/15/10
to Prashant awale, Swagat, indiantreepix
Dear Swagat ji,
I also think this plant is Rhizophora mucronata from the Family  Rhizophoracea .
Regards
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Muthu Karthick

Apr 15, 2010, 11:28:10 AM4/15/10
to tanay bose, Prashant awale, Swagat, indiantreepix
Dear all,
This tree is Rhizophora mucronata Poir.
Tamil Name: Khandal
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
Chennai - 61
www.careearthtrust.org

Ninad Raut

Apr 15, 2010, 1:10:10 PM4/15/10
to efloraofindia
Dear All,
A bit more information regarding Rhizophora mucronata.
This is one of the Mangrove species and so found in marshy areas.
mucronata is due to the 'mucronate apex' i.e. spiny tip forming at
apex of leaf emerging out actually from lower side of leaf.
There are two good articles found for R. mucronata. Pls have look at
it
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/duke_energy/rhizophora_mucronata.html#Folk%20Medicine

http://www.mangrovesforthefuture.org/Assets/documents/Ranong-symposium/Paper%20Presentations/Floral%20Biology%20and%20Pollination%20Ecology%20of%20Rhizophora%20mucronata-Pandey,C.pdf

Rgds