Fruits of Plumeria rubra

Swagat

Sep 16, 2009, 12:26:52 AM9/16/09
to indiantreepix
Dinesh ji,

Your photos of fruits of Plumeria reminds me
this fruits of 'Plumeria rubra' 'रक्‍त चाफा'  which I had seen in a Phirojshah Mehta Garden, Malabar Hill, Mumbai.

Date- 02nd May 2009.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

Plumeria rubra-Swagat.jpg
Plumeria rubra-Swagat-2.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Sep 16, 2009, 1:46:27 AM9/16/09
to Swagat, indiantreepix
... thank you very much, Swagat ji for showing the fruits of P. rubra and for its common name in Marathi.
Most probably this cultivar is 'Mermaid Gem'. Requesting garden flora enthusiasts to validate.

Regards.