Crtaeva species(Varun)

satish phadke

Jan 2, 2009, 12:23:40 PM1/2/09
to indiantreepix Indian

This tree of Varun/Waywarna is flowering for last 15 days in Kothrud area.
Trifoliolate leaves nicely seen. The stamens of older flowers were purplish...
Family: Capparidaceae.
The flowers are similar to those posted By Kiran Srivastava on 18 Dec 2007
Satish
--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
VarunDSCN1492.jpg

Kenneth Greby

Jan 2, 2009, 12:29:42 PM1/2/09
to indiantreepix Indian, satish phadke
 This is a nice small tree. It is rarely cultivated here in Florida, USA, but grows well and deserves wider usage.

 Thanks for the pictures.

Regards--
Ken Greby
Palmetto Bay, Florida USA

J.M. Garg

Jan 3, 2009, 8:00:14 AM1/3/09
to fst...@yahoo.com, indiantreepix Indian, satish phadke
Hi, Satish ji,
Here is the earlier link of Kiran ji's posted as referred by you: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/1ceb72191e6e4f1d/700f551a385e3f54?lnk=gst&q=Crateva#700f551a385e3f54 - I think flower pictures are not clear here.

After going through "Trees of Delhi", it looks similar to Crateva adansonii subsp. odora to me. Others may like to comment.

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2009, 11:29:36 PM1/15/09
to satish phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Forwarding for final Id pl.

J.M. Garg

Feb 24, 2009, 2:54:27 AM2/24/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id upto species level.