PLANT FOR ID 127 SMP JUN 09 Lahaul Spiti

satish phadke

Aug 7, 2009, 1:59:56 PM8/7/09
to indiantreepix Indian
Continuing with the series of Himalayan flora
A Plum tree near Tabo Monastery.
(Sorry , not a very good picture)
Satish Phadke

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
127 DSCN1279Plum.jpg

Gurcharan Singh-sify

Aug 8, 2009, 5:25:03 AM8/8/09
to satish phadke, indiantreepix Indian
The species of plums look similar from leaves. Perhaps if there are some photographs of fruit, the species of Prunus could be identified.

Gurcharan Singh

satish phadke

Aug 8, 2009, 5:47:02 AM8/8/09
to Gurcharan Singh-sify, indiantreepix Indian
I agree with you Gurcharan ji. and Thanks for the reply
So far nobody has posted the picture of this tree on the group(I suppose). We as moderator want as much trees posted on the group as possible. So I just posted this image. Ideally I would have loved to capture better picture of the tree but unfortunately the time when we were close to this tree was late evening and the light was not good. So just a documentation shot of the genus.
My idea of posting a plant on the group is to generate some response and thus stimulate the discussion which helps all.
It is expected to have some response from somebody with a good photograph or information about the  species if one has any ; as has been done by you promptly.
Thanks again.
Dr Satish Phadke

J.M. Garg

Aug 8, 2009, 6:34:02 AM8/8/09
to satish phadke, Gurcharan Singh-sify, indiantreepix Indian
Hi, Satish ji,
Prunus persica from Indiantrepix Database:
Prunus persica Rosaceae
Peach, Aadoo Triyuginarayan and Guptkashi (Garhwal Himalayas) on 15.3.08; The flowers are produced in early spring before the leaves- as per the link. Peach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Peach(prunus persica) flowering - indiantreepix | Google Groups Flower for ID - indiantreepix | Google Groups Peach Tree - indiantreepix | Google Groups

2009/8/8 satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com>
2009/8/8 Gurcharan Singh-sify <sin...@sify.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh-sify

Aug 8, 2009, 9:11:41 AM8/8/09
to J.M. Garg, satish phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Hi, Satish ji and Garg ji

It can't be Prunus persica which has much narrower pubescent leaves. I am not naming species because in Kashmir I had collected several species of plums (pulp adhering to stone or loose, colour of fruit green or purple, shape of fruit). All have broad glossy leaves as in this tree.

Gurcharan Singh
2009/8/8 satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com>
2009/8/8 Gurcharan Singh-sify <sin...@sify.com>

clear=all>