Species Id 070909DKV1

Dev Kumar

Sep 7, 2009, 2:30:57 PM9/7/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Would love to know the name of this jungle tree.

Location - The Hill of Janapao (The origin of the river Chambal)
Tehsil: Mhow
District: Indore
State: Madhya Pradesh

p.s. Eagerly awaiting the release of Pradip Krishen's Junge Trees of
Central India. I had entered into a brief correspondence with him and
he was considering exploring the forests near Mhow - but, alas, it did
not work out.

DSC02876.JPG
DSC02877.JPG
DSC02878.JPG

Nayan Singh

Sep 7, 2009, 10:59:10 PM9/7/09
to Dev Kumar, indiantreepix
..........Diospyros melanoxylon

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Sep 8, 2009, 1:06:14 AM9/8/09
to Nayan Singh, Dev Kumar, indiantreepix
Diospyros melanoxylon

Swagat

Sep 9, 2009, 10:16:15 AM9/9/09
to Nayan Singh, Dev Kumar, indiantreepix

Dear all,

'Diospyros melanoxylon' is called 'Karimar' 'करिमर' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568