wild flowers for ID 28..04.09 AT

Abhay Tiwari

Apr 27, 2009, 10:21:17 PM4/27/09
to indiantreepix
Dear friends,

Last week I found some beautiful and wild flowers of herbs/climbers on my trip to Ambedkar Udyan, Powai.
Here they are. I've identified three of them; maybe wrongly, correct me if so. And others are wholly dependent on your help.

warmly

Abhay
DSCN0346.JPG
DSCN0347.JPG
DSCN0357.JPG
DSCN0358.JPG
false barleria petalidium barlerioides.JPG
hedge glory ipomoea carnea.JPG
marsh glory ipomoea aquatica.JPG

Devendra Bhardwaj

Apr 27, 2009, 10:56:48 PM4/27/09
to indiantreepix, Abhay Tiwari
Hello,
357[1]-Passiflora sprucei

--- On Tue, 28/4/09, Abhay Tiwari <abha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Dinesh Valke

Apr 27, 2009, 11:35:16 PM4/27/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix, Abhay Tiwari
... my thoughts:

DSCN0346.JPG, DSCN0347.JPG
Clerodendrum inerme, ... Sorcerers Bush, Seaside clerodendrum (or Clerodendron), Glory Bower, Lanjai (Hindi: लंजै)
DSCN0357.JPG, DSCN0358.JPG
Passiflora foetida ... foetid passionflower, love-in-a-mist, running pop, stinking passionflower
friends to validate.
Rest OK ... marsh glory ipomoea aquatica.JPG, friends to confirm

Regards.

Abhay Tiwari

Apr 28, 2009, 2:11:41 AM4/28/09
to indiantreepix
Thank you Bhardwaj ji. Thanks Dinesh. I am in no position to validate
but the wired up bud of this flower looks closer to passiflora
foetida.

Found an interesting info on passiflora foetida at -
http://www.odec.ca/projects/2006/rosk6e2/pg.htm-

"There are many species of Passiflora or “passion flower” however,
only one is thought to be carnivorous: the Passiflora Foetida. When
this plant flowers, it produces glandular bracts, a bract is a leaf,
that has a flower or a cluster of flowers growing at it’s axel.
Enzymes have been found in the plant tissues, however, no enzymes have
been found in the bract itself."

is it really carnivorous?

regards

Abhay

Madhuri Pejaver

Apr 28, 2009, 2:17:10 AM4/28/09
to indiantreepix, Abhay Tiwari

i think link given is not for all. it denies the access
madhuri

Apr 28, 2009, 2:23:31 AM4/28/09
to indiantreepix

purnim...@priyaentertainments.com

Apr 28, 2009, 4:04:36 AM4/28/09
to Abhay Tiwari, indiantreepix
Quoting Abhay Tiwari <abha...@gmail.com>:

Hi Abhay ji

It is absolutely amazing the images that came with your mail. It is
almost like a Walt Disney movie except that they are still
photographs.I have seen the Pitcher plant in Shillong and you also
have that in your collection.

Regards,

Purnima Dutta

Stephen A

Apr 28, 2009, 5:49:30 AM4/28/09
to Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix, Abhay Tiwari
This link is working.

http://www.odec.ca/projects/2006/rosk6e2/pg.htm

Regards,

Stephen...
--
Think about the Environment before printing this e-mail! ü
+----------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------+

Madhuri Pejaver

Apr 28, 2009, 7:47:54 AM4/28/09
to Stephen A, indiantreepix, Abhay Tiwari

yes i could get it
madhuri

--- On Tue, 28/4/09, Stephen A <stephan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Yahoo! Edition http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/firefox/

satish phadke

Apr 28, 2009, 10:40:44 AM4/28/09
to Abhay Tiwari, indiantreepix
Hi Abhay ji
Nice photographs.
PLEASE abide by the posting guidelines sending one plant per mail. You may send multiple pictures of the same plant in one mail.
Answering to queries had been difficult in the past and sometimes confusing as has been observed before, when more number of plants are posted in one single mail.
Your post may not get included in the database because of multiple plants in one mail.
Pl. help to grow the data as Mr Garg is taking great efforts for the same.
Thanks
Satish

2009/4/28 Abhay Tiwari <abha...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Devendra Bhardwaj

Apr 28, 2009, 9:41:59 PM4/28/09
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix, Abhay Tiwari
Thanks

Clerodendrum inerme, ... Sorcerers Bush, Seaside clerodendrum (or Clerodendron), Glory Bower, Lanjai (Hindi: लंजै)
DSCN0357.JPG, DSCN0358.JPG
Passiflora foetida ... foetid passionflower, love-in-a-mist, running pop, stinking passionflower
friends to validate.
Rest OK ... marsh glory ipomoea aquatica.JPG, friends to confirm

Regards.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:26 AM, Devendra Bhardwaj <devendra...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello,
357[1]-Passiflora sprucei

Last week I found some beautiful and wild flowers of herbs/climbers on my trip to Ambedkar Udyan, Powai.
Here they are. I've identified three of them; maybe wrongly, correct me if so. And others are wholly dependent on your help.

warmly

Abhay

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!
Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Yahoo! Edition * Click here!