For ID 301009 ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Oct 30, 2009, 4:25:52 AM10/30/09
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this flower picture at Mudumalai, Tamil Nadu on 9/5/2007
It is a shrub.
ID please

With Warm Regards,

THIRU
(E.Thiruvengadam)
Life Fellow, Institution of Engineers India
Charted Engineer (India)
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai

IMG_0426.JPG

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Oct 30, 2009, 7:07:55 AM10/30/09
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this picture at Mudumalai, Tamil Nadu on 9/5/2007
It is a shrub.
Among so many similar shrubs I saw only one fruit like this .

It is a shrub.
ID please

With Warm Regards,

THIRU
(E.Thiruvengadam)
Life Fellow, The Institution of Engineers (India)

IMG_0527.JPG

Muthu Karthick

Nov 6, 2009, 12:30:09 AM11/6/09
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix

Dear sir,
Me too saw this tree in Satyamangalam. The plant is Olax sp.
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Nov 6, 2009, 3:53:31 AM11/6/09
to Muthu Karthick, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Dear Muthu,

The plant in question is not a tree, it is a climber. This belongs to Erythropalum populnifolium and not Olax as you think. This species often climbs on other trees/shrubs and weoften confused it as a tree or a shrub. Attached my  photographs for comparison. Advance apology if I am wrong!

Regards

Santhosh

2009/11/6 Muthu Karthick <nmk...@gmail.com>

Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

DSCN2770.JPG
DSCN2967.JPG
DSCN2968.JPG

Muthu Karthick

Nov 6, 2009, 3:59:40 AM11/6/09
to Dr Santhosh Kumar, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Thank you sir for clarification.

Aparna Watve

Nov 6, 2009, 9:00:48 PM11/6/09
to Muthu Karthick, Dr Santhosh Kumar, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
What a beautiful fruit. The only other blue (not purple) fruit I know
is of Symplocos. Olax fruit is very characteristic being partly
enclosed. Atleast the ones I know are then easy to distinguish from
others
aparna
--
Dr. Aparna Watve