ID Please, Pic Taken in Parambikulam Tiger Reserve

Paulmathi Vinod

Nov 13, 2011, 7:10:09 AM11/13/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

        I am a new member to this group. Apart from interest I have very little knowledge on flowers.
        I am from Chennai so most of my floral photos will be taken in and around chennai, Also from Kerala where i used to go for trip often.

        This Picture I have taken in Parambikulam Tiger Reserve, Kerala. I didnt have any pic with leaves on it!!!

Thanks
Paulmathi Vinod
330.gif
Pictures 749.jpg

Prashant awale

Nov 13, 2011, 10:07:04 AM11/13/11
to Paulmathi Vinod, indian...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Paulmathi Vinod ji to this group.

Flower posted by you looks like some "Habenaria sp." (Orchidaceae family)??

Regards
Prashant
330.gif

Giby Kuriakose

Nov 13, 2011, 10:58:46 AM11/13/11
to Paulmathi Vinod, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Vinod ji,

Welcome to the group. Very nice to see people from Chennai to come up to have active participation and discussion on plants in our group.
It will give us opportunity to see more plants from the Coromandel Coast as well.

Thank you for the picture of a ground Orchid from Parambikulam.
To confirm the id up to species level we need more characters related to the plant such as plant size time of flowering etc.

Would you please upload a picture with its leaf and complete inflorescence.
Further when viewing the picture you have uploaded I could see a vague image.
I too think that this is Habenaria. Kindly consider my request to share more information related to the plant and more pictures, if available.

I would like to bring few points to your kind notice for subsequent posting with id request.
Please use a unique subject line e.g. Plant for ID 18/10/2011 AS  1  (date/ first letters of your first and last name/number of posts for a specific day).
It would be better if you could provide the necessary information related to the plant along with the post.

Thanks and Regards,
Giby
--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

JM Garg

Aug 4, 2013, 12:17:19 PM8/4/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
"Hi all
for me it seems to be Habenaria longicornu Lindl." from Sachin Dangat ji in a broken thread from it.