Bonfire

sweedle cerejo

May 31, 2009, 1:40:04 PM5/31/09
to indiantreepix

Common name: Bonfire tree
Scientific name:
Firmiana colorata
Found in: Tungareshwar, Yeoor, Sanjay Gandhi National Park
Status in the region : Common throughout its range.
Vernacular name: Kaushi

Notes: Seeds are attached to papery structures
(aids in airborne dispersal)

Here are details & links from Indiantreepix Database:
     Sterculia- Firmiana colorata - indiantreepix | Google
Groups<http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/e...>
Firmiana
colorata in Flora of Pakistan @
efloras.org<http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=5&taxon_id=242322641

Regards,
Sweedle Cerejo
Mumbai

sweedle cerejo

May 31, 2009, 1:46:13 PM5/31/09
to indiantreepix
Oops here is the attachment...

Regards,
Sweedle

"The more our world functions like the natural world, the more likely we are to endure on this home that is ours, but not ours alone."
~ Janine Benyus

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 11:10 PM, sweedle cerejo <sweedle...@gmail.com> wrote:

Bonfire-tree--3.jpg

satish phadke

May 31, 2009, 2:28:25 PM5/31/09
to sweedle cerejo, indiantreepix
Nice colours of the summer flora.
When was this sighted? Recently...?Because I had seen these flowering near Pali a month back.
One more link from Indiantreepix database.
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/471a431c1d1035c4/d7fa2d79bbea988e?lnk=gst&q=Firmiana#d7fa2d79bbea988e
Satish

2009/5/31 sweedle cerejo <sweedle...@gmail.com>

--