Fwd: Arisaema for ID

sibdas ghosh

Sep 11, 2007, 1:37:58 PM9/11/07
to indian...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sibdas ghosh <sibda...@gmail.com>
Date: Sep 10, 2007 8:56 PM
Subject: Arisaema for ID
To: indian...@gmailgroups.com

Attaching 2 Figs of Arisaema sp,
Collected from Narkanda, in Himachal Pradesh at an altitude c.a, 7500 ft.,
June 20th 2007.
1. can it be A. erubescens ?
2. Is it  A. costatum ?
pl. help in idetifying - Sibdas

Arisaema sp 1.JPG
Arisaema sp 2.JPG

JM Garg

Sep 13, 2007, 4:06:49 AM9/13/07
to indiantreepix
Hi, Sibdas ji,
Your posting are of about 900 Kb each. It will be nice if the
pictures are resized as the max. size allowed i.e. at 150 Kb per
attachment.

> Arisaema sp 1.JPG
> 903KViewDownload
>
> Arisaema sp 2.JPG
> 917KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

Tanmoy

Sep 23, 2007, 6:19:13 AM9/23/07
to indiantreepix
Hi,
I am Tanmoy from Kolkata and I am just became a member of this group.
Mr.Ghosh the 1st picture is of a Arisaema tortuosum. but the 2nd one
is not so clear to id but it appers like Arisaema costatum.
Regards,
Tanmoy....

JM Garg

Jun 16, 2013, 4:57:25 AM6/16/13
to efloraofindia, cory...@hotmail.com, manudevk...@gmail.com, jorge....@gmail.com, sibdas, Tanmoy, Pravin Kawale

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Hi,
I am Tanmoy from Kolkata and I am just became a member of this group.
Mr.Ghosh the 1st picture is of a Arisaema tortuosum. but the 2nd one

is not so clear to id but it appears like Arisaema costatum.
Regards,
Tanmoy....

Arisaema sp 1.JPG
Arisaema sp 2.JPG

Pascal Bruggeman

Jun 16, 2013, 5:51:03 AM6/16/13
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, manudevk...@gmail.com, jorge....@gmail.com, sibdas, Tanmoy, Pravin Kawale

First is indeed Arisaema tortuosum (erubescens has a radiatisect, umbrella type leaf where all the leaflets seem to originate from a central point) and the second is Arisaema propinquum.

Regards,

Pascal

J.M. Garg

Jun 16, 2013, 5:56:56 AM6/16/13