Orchid for ID | 13Apr2010AR01

raghu ananth

Apr 13, 2010, 12:08:21 AM4/13/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Date/Time-27 Mar 2010, 11:14AM
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Mamandur, Andhra Pradesh,
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Wild, Eastern ghats, Dry river bed edges
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Found on a Kussum tree - Schleichera oleosa
Height/Length-approx -  ~ around a meter f each, A dozen such plants were found in this cluster.
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- lance,
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-cm - No flowers,
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Regards
Raghu

OrchidPlant 3-27-2010 11-14-19 AM 469x800.jpg
OrchidPlant 3-27-2010 11-14-38 AM 800x571a.jpg
OrchidPlant 3-27-2010 11-14-40.jpg

Parjanya guru

Apr 13, 2010, 12:13:36 AM4/13/10
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
A species of  Cleisostoma..?
A guess...

  With regards,
  Parjanya Guru
+919738723392

R. Vijayasankar

Apr 13, 2010, 1:16:44 AM4/13/10
to Parjanya guru, raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Vanda tessellata? (a wild guess!)
R. Vijayasankar
National Center for Natural Products Research,
The University of Mississippi,
Oxford, MS-38677, USA.

Muthu Karthick

Apr 13, 2010, 1:22:41 AM4/13/10
to R. Vijayasankar, Parjanya guru, raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
I also have seen this in TN, I suspect this to belongs to Vanda genera.
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
Chennai - 61
www.careearthtrust.org

Aparna Watve

Apr 13, 2010, 1:33:44 AM4/13/10
to Muthu Karthick, R. Vijayasankar, Parjanya guru, raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
We should wait till it flowers before making any guesses.
Regards
Aparna

--
Dr. Aparna Watve
Dr. Aparna Watve

Dr. Hari Venkatesh K Rajaraman

Apr 13, 2010, 5:24:23 AM4/13/10
to efloraofindia

I suppose it to be Vanda roxburghii...one of the sources of Ayurvedic
drug Raasna...this is considered as truna rasna in West bengal...

Vijayadas D

Apr 13, 2010, 6:10:56 AM4/13/10
to Dr. Hari Venkatesh K Rajaraman, efloraofindia
I like to agree with this.

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Dr. Hari Venkatesh K Rajaraman <ayurhari...@gmail.com> wrote:

I suppose it to be Vanda roxburghii...one of the sources of Ayurvedic
drug Raasna...this is considered as truna rasna in West bengal...

Vijayadas D
Horticulturist EstateSupervisorDeputy
Salwa Garden Village, PB -7210
Riyadh -11462 , KSA

Satish Chile

Apr 13, 2010, 6:27:28 AM4/13/10
to Vijayadas D, Dr. Hari Venkatesh K Rajaraman, efloraofindia
Vanda roxburghii, I also suppose to be correct.
Satish
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

R. Vijayasankar

Apr 13, 2010, 9:03:51 AM4/13/10
to Satish Chile, Vijayadas D, Dr. Hari Venkatesh K Rajaraman, efloraofindia
Dear, Vanda roxburghii is a synonym of V. tessellata. http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/taxon.pl?424978

Satish Chile

Apr 13, 2010, 9:06:39 AM4/13/10
to R. Vijayasankar, Vijayadas D, Dr. Hari Venkatesh K Rajaraman, efloraofindia
Thank u Vijaysankar ji, actually we slept in hurry.
Satish

Muthu Karthick

Apr 15, 2010, 11:58:04 AM4/15/10
to Satish Chile, R. Vijayasankar, Vijayadas D, Dr. Hari Venkatesh K Rajaraman, efloraofindia
The recent name is Vanda tessellata (Roxb.) Hook ex. G. Don of Orchidaceae.