Flora of Uttarakhand- Potentilla sp for Id- JM

J.M. Garg

Dec 19, 2010, 6:04:14 AM12/19/10
to efloraofindia

Wild Herb captured on 13/8/10 during the trek from Ghangaria (around 11,000 ft.) to Hemkunt Sahib (around 14000 ft.).

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Herb18B2 I2 IMG_4578.jpg
Herb18B2 I IMG_4578.jpg
Herb18B I2 IMG_4743.jpg
Herb18B I IMG_4743.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 19, 2010, 6:05:56 AM12/19/10
to efloraofindia
Herb18C I IMG_4642.jpg
Herb18C I IMG_4643.jpg

tanay bose

Dec 19, 2010, 7:38:36 AM12/19/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg Ji,
The first red flower is not Potentilla rather it is Geum elatum Wall. ex G. Don, ; Gen. Syst. 2: 526 (1832).
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 19, 2010, 9:51:13 AM12/19/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
First post is of Potentilla atrosanguinea.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 19, 2010, 12:00:59 PM12/19/10
to Pankaj Kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Real mix up

First two Geum elatum
next two Potentilla atrosanguinea
Next two (white flowers) Fragraria nubicola

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 19, 2010, 12:12:11 PM12/19/10
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
My id was for the first four pics which still seems to me as
Potentilla atrosanguinea. Cant speak of Geum without leaves.
Next two pics are Fragaria sp.
Pankaj