For id from Panchkula-2012

Nidhan Singh

Apr 19, 2012, 4:30:43 AM4/19/12
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

This ornamental was shot from Command Hospital, Panchkula on March 08, 2012. I think this should be a Calendula sp. Hope to find the id.....

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

gunjan sud

Apr 19, 2012, 7:45:35 AM4/19/12
to Nidhan Singh, indiantreepix
Respected members,
This is Calendula officinalis L.
Regards Gunjan

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Apr 19, 2012, 10:33:18 AM4/19/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Calendula officinalis.
Pankaj

ushadi Micromini

Apr 19, 2012, 10:45:26 AM4/19/12
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
yes, common in the northeast gardens
Usha di
==

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:03 PM, Dr Pankaj Kumar <sahani...@gmail.com> wrote:
Calendula officinalis.
Pankaj

--
Usha di
===========

Nidhan Singh

Apr 19, 2012, 11:23:40 AM4/19/12
to ushadi Micromini, Dr Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gunjan Ji, Pankaj Ji and Ushadi Ji,

I was wondering if this can be a different species of Calendula, the shape of leaves, number of ray florets and densely hairy foliage prompted me to question the species...anyway thanks a lot..

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 19, 2012, 11:35:55 AM4/19/12
to Nidhan Singh, ushadi Micromini, Dr Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
I find it difficult to accept it as Calendula officinalis: involucre bracts are very different, ray florets scarcely toothed and leaves much smaller and much more hairy.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Nidhan Singh

Dec 14, 2012, 9:48:06 AM12/14/12
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

This is again put for your consideration..

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor

J.M. Garg

May 11, 2013, 5:10:55 AM5/11/13
to Nidhan Singh, indiantreepix, Balkar Singh, Alok Goyal, viveksriv...@gmail.com, Gurcharan Singh, Ravinder Kaur, mande...@gmail.com, ashim...@gmail.com, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, gunjan sud, Ushadi Micromini
Reply from another thread:
"I don't think this to be Calendula
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"

Nidhan Singh

Mar 3, 2019, 8:54:50 AM3/3/19
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Balkar Arya, Alok Goyal, viveksriv...@gmail.com, Gurcharan Singh, Ravinder Kaur, mande...@gmail.com, ashim...@gmail.com, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, gunjan sud, Ushadi Micromini
Dear All,
Due to a recent interaction, the id for this ornamental is nearly final...
Please give your views if this can be Arctotis hirsuta...

J.M. Garg

Mar 6, 2019, 12:08:38 PM3/6/19
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Ushadi Micromini

Mar 6, 2019, 12:24:54 PM3/6/19
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
it certainly  is hairy
thats what had raised a bell that it was not a calendula
usha da

Usha di