Regarding the ID of Wild Fabaceae Species from Mandi, H.P.

Nishant Chauhan

Apr 27, 2024, 2:02:34 AMApr 27
to eFloraofIndia
Respected members,

A wild Fabaceae woody climber in flowering from Mandi, H.P.
Kindly help ID its species.

Habit: Perennial, woody climber reaching the height of more than 15 feats, spreading on tree canopies and rocks.
Flowering: Spring(March to April)
Habitat: Shady moist mixed Pine forest
Occurrence: Common.
Place: Mandi, HP
Date: March, 2024

Best regards,
Nishant Chauhan
Flower Buds Bracts.JPG
Flower open.JPG
Inflo Fab.JPG
Leaf.JPG
Habit Fab.JPG

Nishant Chauhan

Apr 27, 2024, 8:19:38 PMApr 27
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Respected members,

The flower characteristics bear some resemblance to the Cajanus genus. Therefore, I checked the earlier discussion regarding the Cajanus genus on the efloraofIndia website. The resemblance is close to the species Cajanus mollis. Kindly validate the ID.

Best regards,
Nishant Chauhan

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 29, 2024, 11:31:59 AMApr 29
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Nishant Chauhan, J.M. Garg
Looks good !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Date: March, 2024

Best regards,
Nishant Chauhan

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 29, 2024, 11:32:02 AMApr 29
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Nishant Chauhan, J.M. Garg

Nishant Chauhan

Apr 30, 2024, 1:53:36 AMApr 30
to Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg
Thank you very much, sir! Your earlier discussion on this species helped in the identification.

Best regards,
Nishant Chauhan