196 ID wild plant Commelina

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 17, 2021, 4:31:59 AM11/17/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 17.06.2020, 10.05am

                       10.11.2021, 08.00am

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: creeping/hanging, branches, slender weak fleshy stem 02.5mm diameter, annual

Height: 25cm

Leaves: alternate, ovate, apex, size:08×03cm, mucous when chewed

Flower: bracts, 3 petals, diameter:17mm, blue, non fragrant

Fruit: capsule, greenish white into brown, size:01×0.4cm

Seed:

Camera: mobile LG K10 2017 13mp and Samsung Galaxy A21s

196 Identify wild plant
20200617_100507.jpg
20211110_080503.jpg
20211113_130305.jpg
20200617_100444.jpg
20211110_080429.jpg
20211110_080344.jpg
20211110_080129.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 17, 2021, 4:37:05 AM11/17/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211113_130404.jpg
20211113_130203.jpg
20211113_130731.jpg
20211113_131005.jpg
20211113_130451.jpg
20211113_130550.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 17, 2021, 4:38:21 AM11/17/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211113_130624.jpg
20211113_130634.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 23, 2021, 10:42:25 AM11/23/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Sam ji

With regards,
J.M.Garg
196 Identify wild plant
20200617_100507.jpg
20211110_080503.jpg
20211113_130305.jpg
20200617_100444.jpg
20211110_080429.jpg
20211110_080344.jpg
20211110_080129.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 23, 2021, 10:46:32 AM11/23/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Sam ji

Nov 23, 2021, 10:47:11 AM11/23/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Sam ji

Nov 23, 2021, 12:23:09 PM11/23/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Commelina benghalensis L.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 23, 2021, 1:52:47 PM11/23/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
C. benghalensis only have two petals, dear Saroj ji, kind regards, Sam.
20211123_235812.jpg
20211123_235053.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 29, 2021, 3:03:04 AM11/29/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Commelina benghalensis L.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

C. benghalensis only have two petals, dear Saroj ji, kind regards, Sam.

 It looks different from Commelina benghalensis L.

I tried with comparative images at Commelina, but did not succeed.- from me

Nov 29, 2021, 4:18:18 AM11/29/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Garg ji,
Thank you very much for forwarding my request for ID, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Dec 3, 2021, 8:16:34 AM12/3/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji,
Thank you very much for forwarding my ID request again.  Sharing seed images and information, with kind regards, Sam.
20211203_164449.jpg
20211203_164239.jpg
20211203_081433.jpg
20211203_081500.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 3, 2021, 12:18:41 PM12/3/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Sharing more information

Seed: brownish, single, semi ovoid, size:4×2mm

J.M. Garg

Dec 15, 2021, 4:24:23 AM12/15/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 15, 2021, 7:35:18 AM12/15/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji,
Thank you very much for forwarding my ID request again, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Dec 16, 2021, 7:38:52 PM12/16/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Manudev ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Dec 17, 2021, 12:40:48 AM12/17/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Great Manudev ji,
Yes, it is Commelina indehiscens , thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam