Last few ID Requests (2) of North Bengal flower- 26May09 SJ

Sushmita Jha

May 26, 2009, 1:27:39 AM5/26/09
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
This is the second post of the day.
Sushmita
Wildflower ID-north bengal, Oct08- 077.jpg

Tabish

May 26, 2009, 1:50:34 AM5/26/09
to indiantreepix
Thiscould be Brittle False Pimpernel (Lindernia crustacea)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Brittle%20False%20Pimpernel.html
Cheers!
- Tabish
>  Wildflower ID-north bengal, Oct08- 077.jpg
> 164KViewDownload

Sushmita Jha

May 26, 2009, 3:42:30 AM5/26/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Thanks, Tabish. The picture on the FoI site certainly resembles the one I posted, though there is a difference in the leaves.
I have another suggestion for this - Lobelia alsinoides from Lobeliaceae from another group member. Looking at the pictures of Lobelia, I dont believe it is the same but I may be wrong.
Regards,
sushmita

Dinesh Valke

May 26, 2009, 10:40:19 AM5/26/09
to Sushmita Jha, Tabish, indiantreepix
... I agree with Tabish ... it is Lindernia crustacea.
Regards.